- 1975 - 1979
- 29 (4 series)
- Elaine Stritch and Donald Sinden
- Bill MacIlwraith
- Stuart Allen and John Reardon
- Stuart Allen and Humphrey Barclay
Dorothy McNab, a prickly American authoress needs domestic help for her new Chelsea townhouse. When Robert, an irrepressibly posh British butler applies, he takes an instant dislike to her.
A true Gentleman's Gentleman, Robert is stubborn and constantly frustrated by his employer's lack of decorum and sophistication. But in Dorothy he has met both his match and his adversary; equally stubborn and with a coarseness to match his impeccable manners, her indifference to all that is important to Robert is a constant source of friction between them.
- Production company
- Theme tune composed by Denis King and Sammy Cahn (given as Kahn in first 4 episodes).
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Saturday 6th September 1975 on ITV at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Sunday 4th March 1979 on ITV at 9:15pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes