I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,438

Maureen from 'Driving School' to get chancellor

(Just joining in with the lunacy)

If you went into the Cabinet Office now everyone one them will be on the phones like a 1970's Double Glazing sales set up. They will be trying to find out who still believes them.
Meanwhile Louis Theroux will be down to play Reece Mogg in the serialisation and Sheridan Smith will play Nadine Dorries a role she was born to play. As for BJ they may have to put Lee Hurst into an inflatable Sumo body under his suite and get a horse to play his wife.
Meanwhile exc pat Cliff Richard will get to number one with 'Carrie Doesn't live here anymore'
Meanwhile Keir Starmer will be led out of his house with a coat over his head by Durham police and Andy Burnham will get a cab to Crewe to catch the London train as he will want to avoid Manchester as he has just sold them down the Swanee.

Imagine how foolish you'd feel if you'd voted this lot in?

That's just it they refuse to accept it and its causing all the strife. It is as clear as a bell that Brexit and the whole mess around it was the main reason they did it and they all got shafted along with the rest of us .

18 resignations and counting.
Three times the previous record for resignations in 24 hours.

This is where the Head of State needs to justify her existence and get involved.

Quote: Lazzard @ 5th July 2022, 9:54 PM

Imagine how foolish you'd feel if you'd voted this lot in?

Ah, that moral superiority again. I hope you know what it translates to.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th July 2022, 1:31 PM

Ah, that moral superiority again. I hope you know what it translates to.

Not sure I do?
Morality has nothing to do with it.
But, unless this was the chaos & criminality Tory voters envisaged when they voted - I should imagine they would feel duped.
If people voted for him to sort out Brexit - well, he's done that, so time for him to move on.
He's dragging a British Institution - which, love them or loathe them, the Conservative party are - into the mire.
So, yes I think a lot of people do feel foolish for having stuck with him so long.

You know it's bad when Michael Gove tells you to resign.

Well of course it was Gove (in the process of stabbing Johnson in the back) who warned the nation in 2016 that Johnson was not capable of the leadership required to be PM - a point he conveniently overlooked when he belatedly realised that supporting a Johnson premiership was the only way of getting into government himself.

Christ! Zahawi's not a guy you want on your team.
Gets the job this morning.
About to ask his new boss to resign this evening.
Classy.

Apparently there are rumours that the helichopters which are hovering over Parliament are all ready to drops a nuclear bomb on Johnsons if he doesn't go.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 6th July 2022, 5:35 PM

Apparently there are rumours that the helichopters which are hovering over Parliament are all ready to drops a nuclear bomb on Johnsons if he doesn't go.

He would still survive

He's like a cockroach

Quote: chipolata @ 5th July 2022, 6:20 PM

If he goes now that is a piss poor length of time to be PM. One of the shortest terms ever.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 5th July 2022, 6:23 PM

Apart from the twenty with shorter terms of course.

If he hangs on another 36 hours it'll be twenty-one when he overtakes Neville Chamberlain.

I maybe might have a tiny bit of sympathy for him - if I didn't think for one second that he is enjoying every second of this pantomime

Most questions about important issues are met with a smarmy smug little grin

He's like a little school kid being grilled about breaking a window

'Nope. Not me , not my fault..'