I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,433

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th June 2022, 10:29 AM

I have had bad Covid symptoms for 4 days and a customer has asked that I have a negative test before I come. (which was supposed to be today)
Trying to get a lateral flow test from Boots or any local chemists today is impossible. The earliest is Saturday.
pcrlabs are sending a pack of 4 first class for tomorrow. (£13.00)
I read that there is a new wave coming. I hope it's just Flu or summat.

No it's all ok.

Boris Johnstons and Kiev Starmars are sorting it all out.

The world is safe in their hands.

The British grand Prix is this weekend.
The cheapest tickets for Sunday on a far off bend is £464.00 (not trackside)
The closer you get to the finish line the price goes up to £1500.

Like Lee Evans says all to see a few cars whizz past. There's still the noise of those F1 engines that takes some hearing to believing. I've not been to Silverstone but was at a weeding in a nearby hotel once and they were doing warmup laps the following morning.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 29th June 2022, 6:16 PM

Like Lee Evans says all to see a few cars whizz past. There's still the noise of those F1 engines that takes some hearing to believing. I've not been to Silverstone but was at a weeding in a nearby hotel once and they were doing warmup laps the following morning.

The biggest question - and I myself have gone several laps on this one - is whether the aquilegia is a lovely old fashioned flower which symbolically is as close to the Bible as you can get, hence worth every penny of the £25 you can now spend at a garden centre on one, or no less a weed than a dandelion whose yellow has blown off so that it has become a feathery pagan based scientific spore clock.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 29th June 2022, 6:28 PM

The biggest question - and I myself have gone several laps on this one - is whether the aquilegia is a lovely old fashioned flower which symbolically is as close to the Bible as you can get, hence worth every penny of the £25 you can now spend at a garden centre on one, or no less a weed than a dandelion whose yellow has blown off so that it has become a feathery pagan based scientific spore clock.

Thou shalt not steal - unless it's from a robbing bastard garden centre. Life Of Brian mentions the amendment in the book of Cyril and the lesser known book of Dwaine describes filling the WC with soil - for a laugh.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 29th June 2022, 8:18 AM

Yesterday was Mel Brooks' birthday so I celebrated. I celebrated the fact that he's a year closer to death.

Aren't we allowed to like Mel Brooks anymore? What have I missed?

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 29th June 2022, 6:45 PM

Thou shalt not steal - unless it's from a robbing bastard garden centre. Life Of Brian mentions the amendment in the book of Cyril and the lesser known book of Dwaine describes filling the WC with soil - for a laugh.

I am very familiar with the book of Dwaine.

It is one of my daily go to's.

Quote: fasty @ 29th June 2022, 6:54 PM

She's never been the same since she separated from Sue Perkins.

No, the rest of us are.
Just not MM

A mans who lack the judgments or class to see that winking at a ginger growler is a despicable act from the cess pits is not a mans who should have his finger on the nuclears button if the Prime Ministers is away abroad, in hospitals or off with the fairies.

No, Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles are still funny. Apparently Mel Brooks had a Hollywood temperament and was hard to work with. Where as Mel C is devoid of artistic temperament and MM is keen to work with her.

The Producers is very good too (at least the original). And I've always had a soft spot for High Anxiety, even though it's not great. I thought he was pretty good on curb too.

MM does know bugger all about anything.

Yeah, shut up MM you ugly poo faced git.

I was a bit hard saying to shut up. Maybe just keep it down a bit. Wipe away the poo.

Phew. I was worried he might have been cancelled for being racist or anti semitic.

Mel G is lovely :)

Well, to tell the family secret, my grandmother was Dutch.

Godverdomme