I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,441

Quote: lofthouse @ 8th July 2022, 9:20 PM

OTH 6% (+1)

OTH have got +1 , can we trust OTH ? Are they coming over in dingies ? Send them to Zianda or whatever she's called. I miss Boris, he talked a load of bollocks. I liked bollocks.

Oh yes Mr Speaker, and yet no Mr Speaker and Mr Speaker yus and Mr Speaker I am Mr Speaker and I is Mr Speaker and Mr Speaker Mr Speaker Mr Speaker Mr Speaker Mr Speaker I will Mr Speaker Mr Speaker use the words "Mr Speaker" when I'm bloody furious and want to lash out at and murder every one of the right honourable members around me Mr Speaker but I can't Mr Speaker as Mr Speaker I would Mr Speaker be carted off Mr Speaker to an asylum Mr Speaker Mr Speaker Mr Speaker, yus, yus, yus, Mr Speaker, and I wholly commend Mr Speaker me Mr Speaker to the House.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 9th July 2022, 11:16 AM

Oh yes Mr Speaker, and yet no Mr Speaker and Mr Speaker yus and Mr Speaker I am Mr Speaker and I is Mr Speaker and Mr Speaker Mr Speaker Mr Speaker Mr Speaker Mr Speaker I will Mr Speaker Mr Speaker use the words "Mr Speaker" when I'm bloody furious and want to lash out at and murder every one of the right honourable members around me Mr Speaker but I can't Mr Speaker as Mr Speaker I would Mr Speaker be carted off Mr Speaker to an asylum Mr Speaker Mr Speaker Mr Speaker, yus, yus, yus, Mr Speaker, and I wholly commend Mr Speaker me Mr Speaker to the House.

Would the right honourable member for looneyville please sit down and shut up

Should anyone be contemplating joining in the 'Reinstate Boris' campaign please try to remember that 'Leaves mean leave' Thank you for your observance as I couldn't handle the irony.

Get EXIT done

It would be quite funny if he ran for the leadership. With his grassroots support amongst rank and file members he could win it.

All this politics in the news - I had a weird dream that I was on a tv talk show for some reason and Jeremy Corbyn was on it. He kept dropping books he'd written out of the sleeve of his donkey jacket 'accidently' and the host Gay Byrne (careful googling that down the local municipal library!) would just say " oh Jeremy" in mock admonishment. The odd thing was that the books were all the sort of lightweight drivel that gets flogged for Christmas, like 'Jeremy Corbyn's top ten rolling pins'.

Quote: chipolata @ 9th July 2022, 4:48 PM

It would be quite funny if he ran for the leadership. With his grassroots support amongst rank and file members he could win it.

I would certainly encourage non-Tory's to sign the petition.
Imagine the chaos if the campaign got off the ground!!

Not a chance its a vote splitter that could destroy the Conservatives. While it is akin to what Trump has done Johnson will not get the numbers Trump did. People don't like liars and the parties he threw upset people from different walks of life who lost loved ones or who adhered to lockdown. He was booed the Jubilee, don't let the Mail & Sun kid you or the vox pops on the BBC and Sky. They only show the opinions they like, the don't erase the other ones , they just know who to ask in the first place.
Johnson is dead in the water and if he is not careful he could get blackballed from every venue he hopes to make his after dinner speech money in.
Lets be honest if the palace had to drag him to the phone then Big Ears can take Saudia & the Middle East out of his plans with the next call 'Prince to Prince' style.
These old money bastards won't like what they're see either to them Johnson is a boat rocker not a vote winner because he won't stay inside his class.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 9th July 2022, 8:51 PM

Not a chance its a vote splitter that could destroy the Conservatives. While it is akin to what Trump has done Johnson will not get the numbers Trump did. People don't like liars and the parties he threw upset people from different walks of life who lost loved ones or who adhered to lockdown. He was booed the Jubilee, don't let the Mail & Sun kid you or the vox pops on the BBC and Sky. They only show the opinions they like, the don't erase the other ones , they just know who to ask in the first place.
Johnson is dead in the water and if he is not careful he could get blackballed from every venue he hopes to make his after dinner speech money in.
Lets be honest if the palace had to drag him to the phone then Big Ears can take Saudia & the Middle East out of his plans with the next call 'Prince to Prince' style.
These old money bastards won't like what they're see either to them Johnson is a boat rocker not a vote winner because he won't stay inside his class.

I don't know, Teddy, I know quite a few ordinary people (I'm good like that) who actually like him. I don't, but he does have a bumbling affability.

I think now he's out of number 10 - a lot of stuff will come out about some of the crap he's been getting up to

Now he's no longer PM people will spill the beans a lot more

I'm not saying he is without fans its the numbers I question.
To do it he would need the support of the party system its clubs members and activists.
Don't forget the trouble he had from MPs who were reflecting what their constituency wanted and that wasn't Johnson thats for sure .
With Trump it was the other way round his Senators were being barraged to support Trump no matter what.

I likes this one.

She would make it legals again for TV to have It Ain't Half Hot Mum on our screens and for most gay comedians to be allowed to be as camps as Christmas.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/09/kemi-badenoch-brings-culture-war-rhetoric-tory-leadership-race-boris-johnson

A "flag" was raised by officials over the financial affairs of the new chancellor, Nadhim Zahawi, before he was promoted, the Observer can reveal.
Civil servants in the Cabinet Office's propriety and ethics team are said to have alerted Boris Johnson to a HM Revenue and Customs "flag" over Zahawi before his appointment. The PM appointed him despite the possible concerns over his tax affairs.
"It's extraordinary that flags were raised ahead of Nadhim's appointment by the Downing Street proprietary team," one source said this weekend. "These sorts of concerns would stop someone receiving an MBE or OBE. The idea he could be chancellor or even prime minister is unbelievable".

Pfffffffff! Fkn shower

This ones hasn't said he is running for the Tory leaderships yet but he would be the most greens leader they have had since David Camerons before he said greens were crap:

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/adolf-hitler-portrait-painted-b-jackobs-image-book-bilder-aus-dem-leben-des-f%C3%BChrers-adolf-hitler-portrait-painted-183308284.jpg