I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,435

I can't think of anything better than having a boring person in charge. After the last 6 years or so, I would f**king love someone boring.

We are living in the xfactor generation

Everything is a popularity concert

A lot of people in this country will vote for some party just because their leader is charismatic and likeable - which is of course, ludicrous

Why did Blair sweep Labour to power with huge landslide wins? Cos of his policies? No - cos he seemed like a nice chap

Ridiculous

Quote: lofthouse @ 3rd July 2022, 5:31 PM

Why did Blair sweep Labour to power with huge landslide wins? Cos of his policies? No - cos he seemed like a nice chap

To be honest, I don't think opposition parties win elections.
The incumbents lose them.
That's what'll do for BloJo, rather than who's sitting opposite him.
Mind you, Andy Burnham might give him a good kick up the backside.

Quote: Lazzard @ 3rd July 2022, 5:34 PM

To be honest, I don't think opposition parties win elections.
The incumbents lose them.

I agree that the Tories were in a terrible state in 97, but Blair and Labour did a lot to win that election, from wooing the right wing press to presenting themselves as trustworthy on the economy.

Quote: chipolata @ 3rd July 2022, 5:57 PM

I agree that the Tories were in a terrible state in 97, but Blair and Labour did a lot to win that election, from wooing the right wing press to presenting themselves as trustworthy on the economy.

They were certainly refreshing, which was what was needed at the time.

I no longer listen to politicians when they are on the TV.

I just get out my pocket torch and shoot its beams up each of their nostrils while they are on the screen to check for cocaine use.

I see that Pincher dude is seeking 'medical help'

I wasn't aware there was a cure for being a f**kin drunken, creepy old c*nt

Well good luck with that - get yourself sorted and no doubt Bojo will take you back in about 6 months

Interestingly, on the rabidly Tory GB News Mark Dolan opened his show with a monologue on how Boris should go. Also, two of his guests on his superstar panel were The krankies. Not sure what they thought of Boris as I turned over to watch Love Island.

Even so, it looks like the right wing media might be growing tired of Boris and beginning to worry about a Labour led coalition winning the next election.

You'd think you would get tired of always being wrong.

Quote: chipolata @ 4th July 2022, 5:53 AM

Interestingly, on the rabidly Tory GB News Mark Dolan opened his show with a monologue on how Boris should go.

That's because, as I've said all along, he is not a Tory.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th July 2022, 10:00 AM

That's because, as I've said all along, he is not a Tory.

Are any of them proper Tories? None of them seem to share much DNA with the the Tory party of yesteryear.

Quote: chipolata @ 4th July 2022, 10:14 AM

Are any of them proper Tories? None of them seem to share much DNA with the the Tory party of yesteryear.

Yes, you're quite right. Which is why I declined to vote for them at the last election.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th July 2022, 12:24 PM

Yes, you're quite right. Which is why I declined to vote for them at the last election.

Good man.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th July 2022, 7:32 AM

You'd think you would get tired of always being wrong.

Was that directed at everyone and everything, Stephen?
You need to be more specific.

Another mass shooting in the USA and hardly a ripple in the news.
No 'good man with a gun' helped out. A TV reporter even said that they have the strictest gun laws in that state as if it was a defence.