I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,781

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 28th April 2024, 8:51 PM

Nonsense (if I may be so bold). The Parliamentary Conservative Party is its members. It is not some separate entity divorced from its own MPs. If its MPs have moved to the left then, ipso facto, the Conservative Party has moved to the left.

It's like saying Sheffield United are a brilliant football team; it's just that their players are not very good (other crap football teams are available).

Sorry.
I didn't mean Members - I meant MP's.
The Tory government can never be right wing enough for its members.

They've tried desperately to claw back some support lately

They've gone after the immigrants, the homeless (especially the smelly ones), the sick, Rayner

Today's target is ..... *drum roll* the disabled! Yay

It won't work

Nothing will work because the vast majority of voters recognise now that this government is ran by despicable scumbags

But yeah let's not waste taxpayer's money on the disabled when it's needed for things like this....

"David Cameron has been accused of swanning around the world like a "Kardashian sister" by hiring a £42million VIP plane.

The Foreign Secretary chartered an aircraft described as "one of the best luxury private jets money can buy" for a five-day diplomatic jaunt around Central Asia. The Embraer Lineage 1000 has its own dining table where meals can be served, as well as a separate relaxation zone with extra-long sofas. It can sleep up to nine passengers."

As there's an election tomorrow the tories have pursuaded ONE asylum seaker to go to Rwanda

The guy is from Rwanda anyway, didn't come here in a boat anyway and was due to go home to Rwanda anyway soon

But the government (so , that's us) gave him £3000 spending money to persuade him to go now (cos there's an election tomorrow and it'll look good in the Mail)

Absolute joke

After Brexit I have lost confidence in some voters ability to see through this deportation and the attack on the mentally ill. I defy anyone to defend the notion that Brexit was based on wholesale lying and a right wing media frenzy. So while I hope people can see through it I have my doubts.
The film footage that they released today showed a man in handcuffs so I presume he turned down the 3 grand and a free flight to a new life in Rwanda.

What's as equally depressing as the footage is the fact that they calculate that that's the kind of thing that will get them votes.
Their whole stategy is predicated on this - in an attempt to get as many Reform voters back - so that their loss is slightly less disastrous.
Pretty cold.

Or perhaps they don't want 1000 illegals entering every week draining resources.

If that was their aim they would process them properly, and staff the Home Office properly.
Or maybe set up processing in Calais - as offered by the French.
The guy carted off today may well have a right to be here - he is an asylum seeker who's case has not been investigated, so we will never know.
As I said, pretty cold.

" A civil service trade union is taking the government to court over its plan to send asylum seekers to Rwanda.
The Safety of Rwanda Act, aimed at reviving the plan to deport some asylum seekers to the east African country, was passed into law last week.
Under the Act, a minister can ignore an order made by the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR).
The FDA union says a direction to do this would breach international law, in conflict with the civil service code."

There goes the woke left brigade refusing to break the law again

They've lost half the people to be detained anyway, they're missing - god knows where

Utter shambles

I thought the civil service was there to carry out the wishes of MP's?
Constant delaying tactics with them and lawyers so that lefties can have their cake and eat it.

'Oh it's cruel to send them to Rwanda, the right are so cruel'
We'll do everything to stop it.
Then
'the government are f**king about, nobody has gone to Rwanda - they're a shambles'

Not if those wishes break international law

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd May 2024, 7:43 AM

I thought the civil service was there to carry out the wishes of MP's?
[/i]

Perhaps they're a little wary of having to rely on the old "We were only following orders" defence?
It hasn't exactly worked too well in the past.

I will be using my new bus pass as voter ID today as I look quite determined in the photo and I hope that comes across to the people checking it.

The "Disabled people are all liars and benefit cheats" bounce for the Tories

@YouGov

4m

Tory vote share now lower than under Liz Truss in our latest VI (30 Apr - 1 May)

Con: 18% (-2 from 23-24 Apr)
Lab: 44% (-1)
Reform UK: 15% (+2)
Lib Dem: 10% (+1)
Green: 8% (+1)
SNP: 2% (-1)

18% !!!

P.s. don't forget your voter ID today

P.p.s Tory MP Tom Hunt doesn't have any valid ID so is unable to vote

Gerrymandering backfire !

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 2nd May 2024, 9:46 AM

I will be using my new bus pass as voter ID today as I look quite determined in the photo and I hope that comes across to the people checking it.

They might give you an extra vote if you ask nicely.

This may come as a shock to some but I am quite a pleasant person to deal with even when taking part in a sham ID set up designed to hamper voting and rig an election.