I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,054

Quote: Firkin @ 29th June 2019, 7:46 PM

OK thanks, I see the source is a Daily Mail article. It makes sense now.

The article in the Daily Mail was written by Professor J. T Meirion Thomas who is not only a brilliant (now retired) consultant surgeon who worked for the NHS for 30 years but also something of a legend when it comes to telling it like it is with regard to the NHS.

He complains about health tourism but his complaints can hardly be deemed racist when huge numbers of people who come to the UK for free medical treatment are white, ex-UK-residents who moved abroad years ago for one reason or another and whose overall contributions to the UK tax system are somewhere between minimal and non-existent.

The man is worth listening to - if you're someone who doesn't automatically swallow the official line on controversial issues.

Quote: Firkin @ 29th June 2019, 7:46 PM

OK thanks, I see the source is a Daily Mail article. It makes sense now.

I am pleased that people are finally coming round to appreciate that articles in the Daily Mail do make sense.

I supposed they may do after coming round from a severe blow to the head.

And he was never seen again........................

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th June 2019, 9:05 AM

And he was never seen again........................

I expect he is about the right weight to be a dummy payload in one of those test missiles.
{ a quick way to get him back to the USA and demonstrate NK technology.}
:)

Trump seems very pleased with himself having yet another cosy meeting with the psychopathic North Korean dictator

But absolutely nothing will come of it

Not even the remotest chance they will denuclearise

It's all one big fat waste of time

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th June 2019, 6:12 PM

Trump seems very pleased with himself

That's kind of his thing. Enormous self satisfaction based on nothing whatsoever.

But he will get a lot of positive press covfefe for this.

Gueten oobe gb

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th June 2019, 8:32 PM

Gueten oobe gb

:D Good evening, Sir Stephen.

Just when I thought the Brexit Party couldn't embarass our nation any further Anne Widdicombe gives a speach comparing Brexit to the emancipation of the slaves. When did this country become such a joke?

Not Thee slaves, just slaves.
Many countries treat their people like slaves.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th July 2019, 8:01 PM

Not Thee slaves, just slaves.
Many countries treat their people like slaves.

That makes all the difference... Oh, wait, no it doesnt..It's still a ludicrous statement from a halfwit. Boy, we're going to really get some great trade deals with these brilliant minds leading the way.

Quote: chipolata @ 4th July 2019, 9:06 PM

That makes all the difference... Oh, wait, no it doesnt..It's still a ludicrous statement from a halfwit. Boy, we're going to really get some great trade deals with these brilliant minds leading the way.

Yes indeed. I've always loathed this half-wit numpty. Time she was assessed for dementia and put in a care home. Bet she doesn't turn down the large salary she gets for being an MEP.

Slave traders jailed today.

David Lammy was straight up in arms when she mentioned slaves and yet here it is going on in England today.