I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,053

Quote: Rood Eye @ 26th June 2019, 12:03 AM

I agree with that but the reason the argument got into the newspapers was that the boy was thrown out of class for saying gender is binary, according to scientists.

If they'd been arguing about football and the boy had filmed it and published it online, he might still have been suspended but the story would in all probability never have been given anything approaching the media prominence it enjoyed.

It only takes one person to post something on social media about it and the next day the tabloids are in a blood thirsty frenzy:

TEACHER TALKS FOOTBALL TO PUPIL DURING CLASS. A teacher has come under fire today for divulging to a year 11 pupil his views on the football team Manchester United. It is alleged his conduct includes:

Spoken about his admiration of the team and their drive towards consistent professionalism.

Engaged in lively debate on transfer and relegation news.

Speculated on the results of imaginary fixtures.

As calls for him to quit increase he was today unavailable to comment. When probed the school office said he was in class and unavailable for comment. Some parents have slammed his silence as bang out of order.

Isn't Trump the sickest bastard in the world? The awful things that happen on his watch? It's the Democrats. Doesn't even have the guts to take responsibility for his actions. Will there still be numpties who'll vote for this subhuman?

Just when I was starting to dislike him less he throws a tantrum at Iran and starts throwing around statements like how America can 'obliterate' them. Iran shot down a drone so no-one was killed and I doubt there was anything classified onboard so his fury is an over reaction and could suggest just how war hungry he is. He should be more diplomatic but he seems to think he is top of the pile of world leaders. He acts like it's one big basketball game.

As soon as I see or hear him my mind goes blank.Much likes his,I suspect.

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th June 2019, 6:53 PM

Geoff Boycott.
What a dick.

I've got no idea what he's supposed to have said now - although I know he's a Yorkshireman which I suppose he can't help.

A cafe in Dorset decides to tell it like it is!

Yes. The snobbery about coffee pissses me off massively.

Apparently the BMC are suggesting that charging Health Tourists is racist and it should be stopped.

Of course that won't really open the floodgates to the rest of the world will it.

If they're so bloody benevolent maybe they should give up their f**king enormous pay packets and do the job for nothing.

http://www.ecns.cn/visual/hd/2016/04-12/91314.shtml What a guy... 51,000 dollars on a Scarlett Johansson sexbot. I'd like to think if I had a spare 51 grand it'd go to Africa or Amnesty or anti-terrorism, not a Spice android for my knob. Priorities.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 29th June 2019, 10:31 AM

if I had a spare 51 grand it'd go to Africa

. . . and straight into a dictator's pocket.

Buy the sexbot - you know it makes sense! Laughing out loud

Quote: Chappers @ 28th June 2019, 10:44 PM

the BMC are suggesting that charging Health Tourists is racist and it should be stopped.

Chappers do you have a reference to that article please ? The NHS's line on heath tourism has always been that it would cost more to police than we would save in money, considerably more. Also British patients would be unlikely to always remember their passports and staff do not want to send people away in A&E or argue with drunks. There's enough violence against staff as it is. There are 1.2 million staff to train so for a cheap £200 course that quarter of a billion pounds. So it surprises me that the BMC would say such a thing. Their line has been they are trained to save lives, not do boarder checks and take credit card payments whilst someone bleeds to death waiting. I really can not see where race comes into any of this ?

As it stands, you need to be referred via a Dr, so you need an NHS number and UK address, so checks are already done. It's just A&E that can be abused. Time is of the essence in A&E and tempers are fraught. If someone is desperate enough to chance coming to the UK, then getting ID good enough to fool the NHS would not put many if any off. We need ID cards to stop that, but they were canceled by Blair due to cost.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 29th June 2019, 11:51 AM

Buy the sexbot - you know it makes sense! Laughing out loud

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud....................:|

Quote: Firkin @ 29th June 2019, 11:58 AM

Chappers do you have a reference to that article please ?

I'm not Chappers (honestly, I'm not!) but I can supply a link to a relevant article in The Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/making-tourists-pay-to-use-nhs-is-racist-say-doctors-7qswlhbsd

Just about to put that up Rood.

OK thanks, I see the source is a Daily Mail article. It makes sense now.