I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,051

They don't let facts or truth get in the way of equality eh.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 23rd June 2019, 6:11 PM

A 17 year old has been suspended for three weeks from his Aberdeenshire school for expressing his view to a teacher that, scientifically, there are only two genders and that anything else is personal identification.

It's difficult to believe that, having sacrificed a vast number of British citizens to protect our society from a fascist regime in which those who think differently from the official party line are summarily disposed of by an intractable dictator, we now see a schoolboy "disposed of" for expressing an entirely reasonable opinion.

There may well be only two genders/sexes or there may be any number you decide: it depends entirely on how you define the terms.

Once we start disposing of those who take a different view from our own (about anything!), it's time to acknowledge that all those soldiers, sailors, airmen/women and civilians died in vain. :(

I think the kid was suspended for secretly filming the exchange and then posting it online.

Quote: chipolata @ 23rd June 2019, 8:06 PM

I think the kid was suspended for secretly filming the exchange and then posting it online.

An unidentified "education source" has indeed said that's the reason for the suspension.

Perhaps it's true, but it's entirely possible they're just covering their arses in case they're accused of having a fascist attitude to freedom of speech.

In any event, the boy's claim that he was thrown out of class for expressing his opinion has not been disputed.

Accordingly, I can only conclude that no matter why he was suspended, the school remains guilty of suppressing free speech.

Geoff Boycott.
What a dick.

Are you referring to his interview on GMB today.

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th June 2019, 6:53 PM

Geoff Boycott.
What a dick.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th June 2019, 7:20 PM

Are you referring to his interview on GMB today?

I sincerely hope so. Whistling nnocently

On the gender front I think that some would do well to sit on the bed of a young person who was struggling with this issue day and night . Just sit alone in the dark like they did wondering why people are against the very idea that people like them exist?. Then quietly walk out the house past the grieving parents whose life is also shattered that their child felt so alone that death was their only escape.
I find its better to think of the one rather than the headline, because I know most of you would be the first to help that kid rather than sit on the back of yet another band wagon.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 24th June 2019, 7:53 PM

wondering why people are against the very idea that people like them exist

I wonder if Jimmy Carr has anything to say on the subject? :(

On the gender front I think that some would do well to sit on the bed of a young person who was struggling with this issue day and night . Just sit alone in the dark like they did wondering why people are against the very idea that people like them exist?. Then quietly walk out the house past the grieving parents whose life is also shattered that their child felt so alone that death was their only escape.
I find its better to think of the one rather than the headline, because I know most of you would be the first to help that kid rather than sit on the back of yet another band wagon.

Is this something to do with Boycott then?

I've always found Sir Geoffrey ,whether batting or talking, is a good cure for insomnia.

Chappers I really don't know what to say to you ?stopping short of taking my socks off and explaining things to you through puppets that is .

That's all very true and admirable but that does not mean that one cannot hold a view regarding the correct usage of the term "gender" without the Thought Police objecting. Nor, more specifically, that a 17 year old schoolboy cannot, without being punished, raise the matter with his teacher, who is, after all, supposedly there to educate and explain.

I'm just wondering if I now have to relearn my French that I was taught at school.
All those masculine and feminine nouns and pronouns are probably out of the window now - sorry fenetre.

I'm just as against gender assumptions as the next man.