I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,059

Poor Yaxley-Lennon getting punched in prison by a pensioner nearly twice his age. No wonder he was asking Donald Trump for asylum in America.

There's hardly likely to be any footage or proof this happened.
He's a handy lad is Yaxley - I have seen proof of that.

There are reports this morning that Iran has arrested 17 CIA spies and that some of them will be put to death.

If they arrested a number of British spies and put some of them to death, they would undoubtedly receive a strongly worded communication from the British government expressing disapproval.

However, if they dispose of any Americans, I expect Uncle Sam's reaction to be somewhat more robust.

It's very fortuitous that just after been wound up by Trump they find all these spies, loads of them all in the same place. It wouldn't surprise me that after consideration they say "Did we say CIA ? We meant MI6."

I remember thinking in the late 70s, when the Shah of Iran was deposed and Ayatollah Khomeini came out of exile in Paris, that there is a man with severe bitterness in his heart, which was etched in his face, and that nothing but trouble will come of it if he is left to thrive.

And his legacy? Bitterness.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd July 2019, 9:46 AM

I remember thinking in the late 70s, when the Shah of Iran was deposed and Ayatollah Khomeini came out of exile in Paris, that there is a man with severe bitterness in his heart, which was etched in his face, and that nothing but trouble will come of it if he is left to thrive.

And his legacy? Bitterness.

Yes very much so. He's been cited as the main reason for the sudden revival in religious extremism and the subsequent Anti Westernism in the last 40 years. Someone recently posted an old photo on Facebook of an early 70s Iran Women's Volleyball team in shorts and tee shirts looking happy and free and Facebook took it down as a racial hate crime or something ridiculous. Proves what many have said, Islam was re-radicalised by Middle Eastern states as a political weapon against the Israel friendly West. They were quite happy to be more socially relaxed until they started hating America and their Allies.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 22nd July 2019, 10:14 AM

Someone recently posted an old photo on Facebook of an early 70s Iran Women's Volleyball team in shorts and tee shirts looking happy and free and Facebook took it down as a racial hate crime or something ridiculous.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/34977/#P1201837

Islam was re-radicalised by Middle Eastern states as a political weapon against the Israel friendly West.

Its a well worn method of getting local support. Create fear, galvanise your locals to all hate the enemy and you've united your country behind you. Trump has just done this to great effect. The Falkland war helped Thatcher etc... The last two world wars started this way. But I doubt Iran or South Korea are capable of a world war, hence Trump is the real danger. He's clearly up for bullying minorities and small countries. Hopeful his administration would never allow him to pick on anything too big.

They were quite happy to be more socially relaxed until they started hating America and their Allies.

Just remembered - in the mid-1970s, when I had a photographic shop, we used to get Iranian sailors in quite often buying equipment, mostly cameras. Nice friendly smart bunch they were too.

Also related - was fortunate enough to win a trip to Mexico via a Nikon bonus for selling the most equipment, and on a sea trip around Acapulco bay to view where the rich people had properties (fabulous cliff hanging house owned by Frank Sinatra for example), pointed out was this massive luxury beach villa that the then deposed Shah of Iran had owned, and I remember thinking "If only they didn't flaunt their wealth and gave more back to the country they rule, they would probably stay in power, greedy bastards"

The latest reports on the 17 "CIA spies" arrested in Iran suggests that things are not quite as serious as they at first appeared.

The 17 arrested persons are Iranians thought to have "links" to the CIA and the arrests are not recent but took place at some point during the last year or so.

The good or bad news (depending on one's attitude) is that no matter what happens or has happened to these non-American suspects, the Republic of Iran is unlikely to be reduced to ashes any time soon.

Maybe they're playing the long game and just trying to encourage crazy tweets from Trump ? Their next press release will be about how ginger wigs are radio active and they've banned eating burgers in bed.

Quote: john tregorran @ 21st July 2019, 8:50 PM

I've noticed your stories are becoming,let's say,a little more adult.Keep it up !

Oh - how kind.

That would be down to my new nanny goat. It rubs guava jelly on my belly. Then I ride it like the wind to an old mineshaft in County Durham for my weekly counselling session.

Fifteen female beauticians in Canada are being sued because they refused to wax a trans-woman's bollocks

You'd think that was a line from a 70's joke but it's real.

I'd like to think that your average? trans are having enough trouble being accepted and don't agree with wankers like 'her' stirring the shit.

This has gone beyond farce.

We send India £98 million in aid which is about the same as they spent on their recently launched moon rocket.

WTF IS GOING ON!!

The Department for International Development said "traditional" aid to India had ended and that it was now working to deliver joint economic development priorities - Whatever the f**k that means

It also said the money sent to India would "help stimulate prosperity, generate jobs, develop skills and open up new markets for both countries".- What a load of bollocking double speak.

THE WORLD'S GONE MAD AND THESE CLOWNS IN WHITEHALL NEED TO BE MADE MORE ACCOUNTABLE!

(Cash in hand mate, so you don't have to pay tax? YEAH! NO PROBLEM.......)

Boris is the new leader of the Conservative party and will be Prime Minister at teatime tomorrow.

One thing's for sure: Britain's immediate future is not going to be dull.