I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,063

Quote: Briosaid @ 29th July 2019, 10:13 PM

And the bold boy snuck out the back door of Bute House because he couldn't face the jeering crowd at the front.

We could hear you booing from here

Quote: chipolata @ 29th July 2019, 9:35 PM

By saviour I assume you mean man who's going to flush our economy down the toilet and flood our country with substandard food imports from America

That's better than eating the neighbors in order to avoid starvation, right? I'm pretty sure I've seen that scenario batted around, but it's hard to keep up with all of the doom and gloom promised by the Remainers.

Quote: DaButt @ 29th July 2019, 10:27 PM

That's better than eating the neighbors in order to avoid starvation, right? I'm pretty sure I've seen that scenario batted around, but it's hard to keep up with all of the doom and gloom promised by the Remainers.

It's a good one, but sadly that scenario was never used. We'll use it in the next referendum.

Quote: chipolata @ 30th July 2019, 6:32 AM

It's a good one, but sadly that scenario was never used. We'll use it in the next referendum.

What will that be on? Getting rid of the Scotch?

Well, Boris has his uses. Thanks to his existence I've just learned how to say 'f**k off' in Welsh

You are going to say that a lot in Scotland ?

Quote: john tregorran @ 31st July 2019, 11:53 PM

You are going to say that a lot in Scotland ?

Just when Boris appears, though he's probably too chicken to come back. I'd be best to learn the Scottish Gaelic version.

Quote: DaButt @ 29th July 2019, 10:27 PM

I'm not even sure we could survive on the chlorinated chicken route in any case. If we were going to eat chlorinated chicken we'd farm it ourselves. Why have all the expense of buying US chicken?

It's not the possibility of chlorine in the chicken that is the worry, it is that knowing the chickens carcasses will be washed in chlorinated water, the chicken rearers/handlers/butchers will get lax about hygiene.

That's true, if they stopped putting chlorine in swimming pools they'd be fewer chickens but longer queues for the showers.

You can probably add American tech giants like Google and Amazon not paying any tax in Britain as yet another price we'll have to pay for getting a trade deal with the US. Welcome to Brexit Britain, the nation other countries now queue up to kick sand in the face of.

Quote: chipolata @ 3rd August 2019, 10:34 AM

You can probably add American tech giants like Google and Amazon not paying any tax in Britain as yet another price we'll have to pay for getting a trade deal with the US. Welcome to Brexit Britain, the nation other countries now queue up to kick sand in the face of.

Successive governments have f**ked this country up since WWII, turning it into the dustbin of the world and an easy touch for one and all..........................so what's new?

After the First World War it was supposed to be "homes fit for heroes" - what a load of lying crap.

My Father didn't spend nearly 30 years of his life fighting for his country to see it finish up like this. He was spitting nails back in the early 1980s just before he died...................God knows what he would say now.

Scarlett Moffatt is in Spain and has been wearing a leopard-print swimsuit.

I'm not sure how this qualifies as "news" but it was in a newspaper this morning and so I suppose that's how it qualifies.

They say a TV camera add several pounds to a person's appearance: that must be true because every time I see Scarlett on Instagram, she's at least five stone lighter than she appears on TV.

Yet more mass shootings in the US, but 'we need to keep our guns' the cry goes up. What bit of 'guns kill innocent people' do these morons fail to understand?

Quote: Briosaid @ 4th August 2019, 8:31 PM

What bit of 'guns kill innocent people' do these morons fail to understand?

What bit of 'The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed' do these morons fail to understand?