I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,061

"C&A / CIA ...
MOSS BROS / MOSSAD ... "

Let's call the whole thing off.

Why is C&A so called? Whistling nnocently

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th July 2019, 11:33 PM

Why is C&A so called? Whistling nnocently

I have heard it's to do with how they label their knickers but I believe it's actually because the company was founded by two brothers called Clemens and August Brenninkmeijer.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 24th July 2019, 11:38 PM

I have heard it's to do with how they label their knickers but I believe it's actually because the company was founded by two brothers called Clemens and August Brenninkmeijer.

Yes...............well that went down like a lead balloon - I was jesting and in fact they were part of a connection set (company name origins) I pitched for Only Connect about 5 years ago.

And the joke? Some people may not have heard it or cannot see it............. :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th July 2019, 11:46 PM

And the joke? Some people may not have heard it or cannot see it............. :D

A woman goes to the customer service department at C & A.

Producing a pair of knickers from her bag she complains, "I bought these from you recently but I can't tell which is the front and which is the back."

The assistant takes the knickers and looks inside, then shows them to the woman saying, "Look, Madam: they're clearly marked C and A."

Ah! The vicar's version. :)

I used to use that joke Herc - and add to it
Not only did we have a C&A store we also Had a Brown and Muff store

Laughing out loud Did they also sell ladies' flimsy unmentionables?

I'll tell you what they didn't f**k around making store fronts back in the day. I watch a McDonald's being built a few months ago and it was almost like an Airfix kit right down to faux brick fascias.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 23rd July 2019, 12:06 PM

Boris is the new leader of the Conservative party and will be Prime Minister at teatime tomorrow.

One thing's for sure: Britain's immediate future is not going to be dull.

I'm bored with him already. He's like a really annoying motivational speaker. He needs to realise the British aren't particularly motivated and are all the better for it. We pride ourselves on our surly disinterest and apathy.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 25th July 2019, 12:11 PM

I watch a McDonald's being built a few months ago.

I see you've progressed on from watching paint dry. I remember reading the 20th century Liverpool Anglican Cathedral took 74 years to build.

Am I being too simplistic or even, though I say it meself, naïve in thinking this rail buckling is primarily caused by "seamless" track?
I don't remember this problem when we had the track in lengths with a gap in between each and the then, (and missed!) familiar "clickety click, clickety clack".

We had long hot summers in the 50s and 60s and I well remember the heat wave of 1976 that went on for weeks!!

You'll be sending ooh ja kapiffy straight to google to investigate. :)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th July 2019, 10:02 AM

You'll be sending ooh ja kapiffy straight to google to investigate. :)

Saves me a lot of aggro.

Quote: chipolata @ 26th July 2019, 9:24 AM

I'm bored with him already. He's like a really annoying motivational speaker. He needs to realise the British aren't particularly motivated and are all the better for it. We pride ourselves on our surly disinterest and apathy.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud