I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,878

Thanks . . . wish I'd written this though as is my favourite protestor's chant:

"You can't build a wall . . . your hands are too small".

So at least the contempt people have for him is bringing out the creative writing in them.

Laughing out loud

. . . and here's a slant . . . as I like to put a positive spin on most potential catastrophes . . . perhaps he WILL inadvertently halt any potential terrorist activity in it's tracks regardless as ISIS will actually feel so sorry for the American citizens with him as their guvnor now that their anger - required as fuel to sustain their rampage of atrocities - will be broken.

If this happens . . . not sure who will be the genius masterminds of such a tactic - Trump, or his voters.

However, this may be too long a shot - so this may be a plausible alternative:

I'm thinking of the Father Ted episode with Eoin "I have no willy" McLove.

If everyone fed Trump's ego and hounded him with adoration like the ladies on Craggy Island . . . maybe he'd simply scuttle away like Eoin . . . but if he lingered and lapped it up for a bit, I'm sure he'd get bored with the fact that they were willing participants in having their pussies grabbed. As it's all about the chase isn't it? It's no fun once you actually get there, especially if you have no clue what to do once you're there.

:O

I think you're being over optimistic, sadly. Today Scotland on Sunday was all about how the 2 golf clubs (and his various hotels) will now be sitting targets for terrorists. I couldn't give a damn if they blow the shit up, but unfortunately innocent people would probably suffer.

Quote: keewik @ 5th February 2017, 9:20 PM

I think you're being over optimistic, sadly. Today Scotland on Sunday was all about how the 2 golf clubs (and his various hotels) will now be sitting targets for terrorists. I couldn't give a damn if they blow the shit up, but unfortunately innocent people would probably suffer.

Was just being silly, sadly as is far too serious a subject to dwell upon too seriously . . . and am currently writing a list of comical ways his little extended sleepover at the White House may come to an abrupt end.

Errr

Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer on SNL was amazing. At least we're getting some comedy out of this disaster.
(Trying to find bright side.)

Keep trying. If I'm blown to smithereens, too bad (as long as I don't survive in the nuclear holocaust). My main horror is my older son's miles from us so we can't go together. Why am I letting myself think this, while bastard Trump is living the life?

Quote: zooo @ 5th February 2017, 9:55 PM

Melissa McCarthy

Very overrated!

Are you channelling Trump's style of tweeting? GET SMART! Sad!

There many obvious ways we have imagined/prayed for that could bring Trump's term at the Oval Office to an end (with impeachment for gross misconduct being my current favourite), but in addition to those, the incidence of household accidents cannot be disregarded as statistics show they render many people incapacitated - some indefinitely, but should even a relatively minor event occur, there must be a contingency in place for someone else to step in, so . . .

1. He falls down a ramp and breaks his face while the carer to his left gets an itchy nose leaving no hand to grab and steady him.

2. He falls down the stairs for similar reason - in this instance sustaining injuries that will put him in a wheelchair, ironically meaning he has to negotiate many ramps.

3. He chokes on his morning Farley's Rusk but unfortunately, at precisely the same time, everyone else in the room realises their shoelaces are undone.

4. His laptop freezes mid-tweet and he spontaneously combusts.

5. His long tie gets caught in the shredder.

6. His hair gets caught in the shredder.

7. His long tie and hair get caught in the shredder then he spontaneously combusts.

8. He finds the sharp scissors without rounded ends that someone carelessly left lying around then runs with them.

9. He threatens to hold his breath until he turns blue if he doesn't get his way.

10. He stands on a stray piece of Lego from set he used to build a model of his wall and goes flying with hilarious consequences.

That's all very well but Pence would be his immediate replacement.An even more frightening prospect for some.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 5th February 2017, 11:10 PM

There many obvious ways we have imagined/prayed for that could bring Trump's term at the Oval Office to an end (with impeachment for gross misconduct being my current favourite), but in addition to those, the incidence of household accidents cannot be disregarded as statistics show they render many people incapacitated - some indefinitely, but should even a relatively minor event occur, there must be a contingency in place for someone else to step in, so . . .

1. He falls down a ramp and breaks his face while the carer to his left gets an itchy nose leaving no hand to grab and steady him.

2. He falls down the stairs for similar reason - in this instance sustaining injuries that will put him in a wheelchair, ironically meaning he has to negotiate many ramps.

3. He chokes on his morning Farley's Rusk but unfortunately, at precisely the same time, everyone else in the room realises their shoelaces are undone.

4. His laptop freezes mid-tweet and he spontaneously combusts.

5. His long tie gets caught in the shredder.

6. His hair gets caught in the shredder.

7. His long tie and hair get caught in the shredder then he spontaneously combusts.

8. He finds the sharp scissors without rounded ends that someone carelessly left lying around then runs with them.

9. He threatens to hold his breath until he turns blue if he doesn't get his way.

10. He stands on a stray piece of Lego from set he used to build a model of his wall and goes flying with hilarious consequences.

That's given.me my laugh/s of the day.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 5th February 2017, 11:42 PM

That's all very well but Pence would be his immediate replacement.An even more frightening prospect for some.

Could anything be more frightening than Trump? Seriously? I don't know much about Pence, to be honest, but I think it might be easier to deal with a sane nasty bugger than with a full blown madman.

Quote: keewik @ 5th February 2017, 11:55 PM

That's given.me my laugh/s of the day.

You're welcome - and thank-you.

Number 6 should perhaps have read: "His hair gets caught in the shredder trying to free his tie" to be clearer as that's what I meant.

But the way I look at it seriously for a moment - I try not to fret about what may happen as it will happen regardless so I might as well just continue to enjoy my life, and we survived Bush - my theory there being he was reined-in frequently by advisors. So there must be even more 'henchmen' in the background now given Trump's predictably unpredictable character who could act very quickly should the need arise.

And I'm not entirely convinced there isn't room for the possibility of some sort of inside job to impede/stop him, and I would strongly advise an old fashioned food taster if I were in his shoes.

I am not a big fan of Donald Trump but I find the world wise hysteria alarming. There is definitely a media bias against him. Like it or not he won a democratic process to get the job. Let him get on with it then criticise him if he fails.

The social media generation will be defined in history as the most over-reactionary, self-opinionated, needy, weedy easily offended muppets ever.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 6th February 2017, 12:21 AM

You're welcome - and thank-you.

Oh dear, look out when the two great Scotland cities start a love in - they'll be a massed band of bagpipers leading a revolt south next. :P

Quote: Will Cam @ 6th February 2017, 7:11 AM

I am not a big fan of Donald Trump but I find the world wise hysteria alarming. There is definitely a media bias against him. Like it or not he won a democratic process to get the job. Let him get on with it then criticise him if he fails.

The social media generation will be defined in history as the most over-reactionary, self-opinionated, needy, weedy easily offended muppets ever.

Ironically, the people who call liberals 'delicate snowflakes' for being offended by racism and homophobia etc, seem to be the most snowflakey of all. They throw massive whining tantrums over everything! (SNL made a joke I don't like, people are peacefully marching after the election, a celebrity is having an opinion about politics on twitter, boo hoo.) Trump, in fact, is the king of the snowflakes.

Quote: keewik @ 5th February 2017, 11:55 PM

Could anything be more frightening than Trump? Seriously? I don't know much about Pence, to be honest, but I think it might be easier to deal with a sane nasty bugger than with a full blown madman.

The only thing I know about Pence is that he supports gay teenagers being electrocuted to turn them straight.
So f**k him.

Quote: zooo @ 6th February 2017, 10:50 AM

Ironically, the people who call liberals 'delicate snowflakes' for being offended by racism and homophobia etc, seem to be the most snowflakey of all. They throw massive whining tantrums over everything! (SNL made a joke I don't like, people are peacefully marching after the election, a celebrity is having an opinion about politics on twitter, boo hoo.) Trump, in fact, is the king of the snowflakes.

The only thing I know about Pence is that he supports gay teenagers being electrocuted to turn them straight.
So f**k him.

Oh, God! I didn't know that. Another bloody monster.