I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,874

Quote: DaButt @ 23rd January 2017, 2:30 AM

Is it a popularity contest? I remember when we were told that it wasn't meaningful when Trump's rallies brought in many times more people than Hillary's.

Exactly. So why make spokesman Spicer give the world some 'alternative facts' about it then?

Quote: zooo @ 22nd January 2017, 11:36 PM

I did install an amazing thing that aims to change every pic of him online into a pic of a kitten though. Which has done my eyes the world of good.

Lol, proof that even the cutest puppy is kinda ugly compared to a kitten.

Although still preferable to the great pumpkin head.

Trump Vs. media and anti-Trumpers seems to have descended into school yard taunts all round. I guess that's in keeping with basic human nature (some things don't change). I think the Pope has Trump down as a populist choice akin to Hitler (by implication) as well, so it's all going great guns for the new US presidency!

Theresa May will sort him out on Friday.. she can tell him that Brexit means Brexit and he can tell her that America First means America First.

They can wear matching caps.

Quote: DaButt @ 23rd January 2017, 2:30 AM

Is it a popularity contest? I remember when we were told that it wasn't meaningful when Trump's rallies brought in many times more people than Hillary's.

What photos are you referring to? I've seen several on Facebook that were taken quite some time before the ceremony. Also : rain.

Not photos. The actual TV news coverage - BBC, Sky etc.

The day democracy died............... :(

As the blustering old fart ** said, in other words:-

"Good God, we can't have the public voting on what matters to them"

** (for old fart, read Supreme Court President Lord Neuberger )

When was democracy last alive? We have Representative Democracy. We vote for them and they vote for what their party tells them.

That's why I have always advocated for a plebiscite and get rid entirely the whole cheating, lying bastards altogether, but look where that gets us when we the people have a vote.................no, this country is sick and the disease is on the Thames embankment.

MI5?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 25th January 2017, 1:18 PM

MI5?

"the Thames embankment." Small "the" and small "e", you know what I meant Mr. Split Hairs. :P

Oooh Arrr, oil be'a 'angin' on yorn evra' worr now me 'earty! Pirate

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th January 2017, 9:35 AM

The day democracy died............... :(

As the blustering old fart ** said, in other words:-

"Good God, we can't have the public voting on what matters to them"

** (for old fart, read Supreme Court President Lord Neuberger )

On the contrary, surely. I'm no supporter of those who seek to overturn the EU referendum but this ruling was about upholding the British constitution - not about the EU referendum itself. There is, after all, no provision in the constitution for a referendum, which is why a ruling was necessary.

It would have been the death of democracy had the Court set a very dangerous precedent by giving the right to any future Prime Minister or Government to enact any process for which they claim, rightly or wrongly, to have a mandate without the authority of Parliament.

Should any MP vote against his/her constituents' declared wishes, in this or any other matter, then the remedy is in their hands.

What happened to democracy? Surely the wish of the majority should be accepted.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th January 2017, 11:26 PM

What happened to democracy? Surely the wish of the majority should be accepted.

Exactly Chappers. Mother of Parliaments? More like a glorified club for self serving twats who care little for the steaming masses and what they want.

Go on let's have another referendum until we get it "right".