I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,870

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th January 2017, 11:14 AM

I want to go how Slim Pickens did in Dr. Strangelove.

Tell us when and we'll make sure we'll watch you!

(How far is the fall-out zone, BTW?)

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 15th January 2017, 12:37 PM

Tell us when and we'll make sure we'll watch you!

(How far is the fall-out zone, BTW?)

If you all form a circle of about 100 feet I'll aim for the middle and you should be OK. Whistling nnocently

Anyone else reading the football 'news' at -

http://www.socceronsunday.com/article/diego-costa-slammed-for-great-wall-of-china-photo/

It seems that Kit Harington has other links to the throne. http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/fame-thrones-jon-snows-ancestor-9649054

Goodbye, Obama. :( :( :(
Miss you already. Broken heart

Quote: zooo @ 19th January 2017, 6:08 PM

Goodbye, Obama. :( :( :(
Miss you already. Broken heart

You're a day early. I'll be glad to be rid of the man and I'm hoping that he'll fade into the background like every other president once he leaves office, but I have a hunch that his massive ego won't let him leave the limelight.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 19th January 2017, 12:19 PM

It seems that Kit Harington has other links to the throne. http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/fame-thrones-jon-snows-ancestor-9649054

Kit Harington? Who he?

Quote: DaButt @ 19th January 2017, 6:32 PM

You're a day early. I'll be glad to be rid of the man and I'm hoping that he'll fade into the background like every other president once he leaves office, but I have a hunch that his massive ego won't let him leave the limelight.

Lol at the irony of you talking about the outgoing president having a massive ego.

Anyway, I am enjoying the final day of America having a good, decent man as president. For the next 4 years (hopefully less) I'll be trying to forget the office of president exists at all. :)

One thing to bear in mind, having had Obama 8 years they then elect Trump..

Not sure what that says about Obama! :)

I think they are only allowed two 4-year terms as US President.

They were not given much choice this time were they:
Trump or Clinton

That's politics I guess - never give the electorate any (real) hope or power.

Will he put his own business interests before that of his country?
That's the problem.There have been really unpleasant people elected President before but they didn't have such a world wide business empire.

Quote: zooo @ 19th January 2017, 7:33 PM

Lol at the irony of you talking about the outgoing president having a massive ego.

Anyway, I am enjoying the final day of America having a good, decent man as president.

There's nothing in the constitution that says we can't have two consecutive narcissistic, self-important presidents in a row. ;)

I'm having a little LOL at Democrats and members of the press (one is actually a subset of the other) gushing with praise for Obama while in the last 6 months they've admitted publicly and privately that George W. Bush was actually a good, decent man. Donald Trump, of course, is a real evil lunatic and we should listen to them this time.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 19th January 2017, 7:52 PM

One thing to bear in mind, having had Obama 8 years they then elect Trump..

Not sure what that says about Obama!

Donald Trump's election was a loud and clear middle finger from Americans who were sick of elites like Obama and the Clintons. Just as Barack Obama holds the title of "America's Number One Gun Salesman" he also owns the moniker "Trump's Number One Vote Getter."

Quote: billwill @ 19th January 2017, 8:04 PM

I think they are only allowed two 4-year terms as US President.

They were not given much choice this time were they:
Trump or Clinton

You're correct about the 2-term limit, but dozens of people ran for president. Hillary and Trump were the top choices: same old same old vs let's try a hail Mary and hope that Washington starts listening to the people again.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 19th January 2017, 9:28 PM

Will he put his own business interests before that of his country?
That's the problem.There have been really unpleasant people elected President before but they didn't have such a world wide business empire.

That's a good point, so he is already turning over operation of his businesses to his family. There will be a watchful eye on his every move. I'll mention that nobody seemed concerned about John Kerry's massive fortune when he ran for president. The same goes for the Kennedys, etc.

I find it more unnerving that Hillary Clinton and her husband left office claiming to be nearly broke, yet 15 years later they were awash with money and mansions. Let's face it, they didn't pocket hundreds of millions in personal income because people thought it was worth $250,000 to listen to them speak for 20 minutes. That money was influence-peddling of the first degree. People, corporations and nations opened up their wallets because they thought Hillary was certain to be the next president and they wanted to buy her favor and influence her decisions.

Quote: zooo @ 19th January 2017, 7:33 PM

Anyway, I am enjoying the final day of America having a good, decent man as president. For the next 4 years (hopefully less) I'll be trying to forget the office of president exists at all. :)

DITTO.

Tricky Dicky doesn't seem so bad now does he? ;)