I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,879

Quote: keewik @ 5th February 2017, 7:41 PM

I've nothing but contempt for the racist, xenophobic morons who voted for him.

That very sentence explains why Donald Trump is now president of the United States.

Quote: zooo @ 6th February 2017, 10:50 AM

The only thing I know about Pence is that he supports gay teenagers being electrocuted to turn them straight.
So f**k him.

Yes, heard things like that about him as well. A true hardliner.
BUT: I don't think he'd publicly question the legitimacy of the judges' objections (just because he's pissed off by them not letting him have his way) nor would he call the media (other than Fox and Breitbart) fake news. This is the kind of behaviour what further divides the people of the USA and damages democracy at the moment imo. And hopefully he'd get rid of that alt-right ideologist scumbag Steve Bannon.

As I have already said that it's beyond ludicrous/sheer lunacy to appoint anyone who isn't qualified for the job, elected or not . . . so got me thinking about relevant questions that should form part of application process had there been one.

Naturally, I'm just trying to make light of the subject by larking about, and any politician, or even Trump is fair game - and this is a comedy forum:

BRIEF PSYCHOLOGY/HONESTY TEST FORMING PART OF JOB APPLICATION (please note - any disingenuous
answers will have consequences if discovered later as we take deceptive means in order to secure such a position very
seriously, though we probably won't do the slightest thing about it). Please reject and obliterate the answers you don't like.

1. What do you call the narrow piece of fabric normally knotted round the neck with a shirt?
A. A tie.
B. A big red arrow pointing at my junk.

2. How would you describe any negativity directed towards you?
A. Constructive criticism and an opportunity to open my mind to possible improvement.
B. Fake news.

3. Have you ever experienced any feelings of paranoia, for example, like there could be a media conspiracy against you?
A. Never.
B. I know you think I have, but believe me . . .

4. How would you describe any idea that wasn't yours, even though it may be a good one and proven as such?
A. Acceptable, provided this is the case.
B. A disaster.

5. Have you ever lost your temper at a critical moment, say, for example, over the phone?
A. Not that I can remember.
B. What the hell kind of a question is that?

6. Have you ever owned up to and apologised for any impropriety you haven't actually been rumbled for?
A. Not at all, because I am not guilty of any impropriety whatsoever.
B. If you hand over the tape, name your figure as I'm a billionaire.

7. Are you at all familiar with the laws of the land and/or the constitution?
A. Of course - but I am still learning and anything I don't know or understand I will ask my advisors about and adjust
my proposed policies accordingly.
B. I thought this job would mean I'd have more power than God?

8. Do you have a reasonable grasp of the concept of maths?
A. Naturally, or I wouldn't be applying for the position.
B. Refer to answer to question 5.

9. Do you ever do a feasibility study before considering implementing any plans? For example, how much something is
realistically going to cost (and at whose expense), how the holy hell it's ever going to be done, how long it's going
to take, and who's actually going to do it?
A. I never even disclose an idea without giving it due consideration first.
B. Refer to answer to question 3.

10. Finally, we'd just like to know what sort of tenant you are/will make. For example, have you ever finished a flatmate's
milk and just stuck the empty carton back in the fridge, not washed the dishes when it's your turn, or worse -
chucked a wet towel on the floor, or even the bed?
A. You'd have to ask them but I never had any complaints.
B. Were my hypothetical flatmates male of female?

It's official . . . Trump really has lost the plot if he actually believes his latest words regarding the media "under reporting attacks on Europe . . . but they have their reasons, and you understand that."

No. We don't understand you, Donald as you seem to be on another planet to the rest of us.

Angry

Quote: fopdoodle @ 7th February 2017, 8:08 AM

It's official . . . Trump really has lost the plot if he actually believes his latest words regarding the media "under reporting attacks on Europe . . . but they have their reasons, and you understand that."

No. We don't understand you, Donald as you seem to be on another planet to the rest of us.

Angry

Yes i saw that - another 'Alternative fact' from the 'fake news' man. Even his supporters must be starting to question why the constant lying?

Quote: playfull @ 7th February 2017, 9:26 AM

Yes i saw that - another 'Alternative fact'. Even his supporters must be starting to question the constant lying?

But this proves the loose cannon he really is as I don't see this as even lying . . . he just blurts stuff out without even bothering to check his facts first - so I don't think he even cares if he is exposed as wrong afterwards - and the psychologist in me says that's the scariest character trait because if he actually believes what is going on in his own head alone, he must be so detached from the actual real world that he is either foolishly or inadvertently setting about making it even worse.

Dementia is also a real and present danger to anyone his age, and you'd think he'd been assessed medically before his inauguration as even I had full medicals in my twenties for jobs that weren't even managerial . . . but if signs are there of instability, surely someone has the authority to take him aside for further assessment?

:O

I worked with a fella once who was a renowned liar (He sank the Belgrano being one of his claims). What I realised over the years was that he actually believed what he was saying ,which is more alarming.

Quote: Will Cam @ 7th February 2017, 12:14 PM

I worked with a fella once who was a renowned liar (He sank the Belgrano being one of his claims). What I realised over the years was that he actually believed what he was saying ,which is more alarming.

Delusions are a symptom of either a medical, neurological, or mental disorder, such as psychosis or even schizophrenia - so it can only escalate, whatever it is . . .

Yikes!

What I fail to understand is why his followers are blind to all this.

Quote: keewik @ 7th February 2017, 1:25 PM

What I fail to understand is why his followers are blind to all this.

Precisely! Are they brainwashed in some way?! Is he somehow sending subliminal signals to people who are susceptible to this nonsense? Perhaps if we didn't have large high definition TV's, we wouldn't have been so taken in by what's behind his eyes . . .

:O

. . . and Sean Spicer . . . I kinda feel sorry for him, as he may be defending and justifying the tooth fairy next . . .

I think the reason that Trump's followers are 'blind' to what you see is because they hold different opinions than you do.

I appreciate that it can be difficult to accept that other people hold different opinions.

Even harder to accept that their opinions are just as valid as yours.

In fact, a lot of my liberal friends cannot accept that any differing opinion or anything other than their view of the world is valid.

In anyone else other than a liberal, that would be bigotry or demented.

The definition of the word valid is 'having a sound basis in logic or fact; reasonable or cogent.'

Gay people should undergo conversion therapy (an opinion held by several of Trump's people). Valid?
All black people should be ethnically cleansed (an opinion held by big Trump fan Richard Spencer). Valid?

That's entirely up to you. But it's also up to other people to find that vile and inhuman.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 7th February 2017, 8:02 PM

I think the reason that Trump's followers are 'blind' to what you see is because they hold different opinions than you do.

I appreciate that it can be difficult to accept that other people hold different opinions.

Even harder to accept that their opinions are just as valid as yours.

In fact, a lot of my liberal friends cannot accept that any differing opinion or anything other than their view of the world is valid.

In anyone else other than a liberal, that would be bigotry or demented.

Sorry but I think that is crap. They're listening to and believing what are proven to be lies. How can such 'logic'' be described as just having a different opinion? I think Brexiters were wrong but since there are no facts about its future, I must accept that Brexiters just have a different option about it than I. Stalin -er, I mean Hitler - er I mean Trump's followers are believing proven lies.

Very good point!

Besides that, I don't believe people have to respect any opinion no matter what. In general I'm perfectly happy to respect differing opinions to mine - I do it all the time. But if an opinion is patently ridiculous or cruel with no basis in logic whatsoever, I'm not going to respect it.

I think the reason Trump has so many followers is that the world pendulum had swung so far to the liberal left that a lot of people were saying enough is enough and have knee-jerked to the right ( Brexit is the same). The media (including the TV and Film industries ) are controlled by Liberals/Lefties which is fanning the hysteria.

I hate talking politics because you are guaranteed to fall out with at least 59% of the people you talk to and neither side will agree with the other because we are all hard wired by our upbringing and life-experiences. People who are born round, don't die square (nicked of a mate of mine).

Can we talk about cats?