I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,884

Quote: zooo @ 10th February 2017, 7:39 PM

But pretty much every day I see some new stupid thing he's done and everyone saying that's illegal, that's unconstitutional, he can be impeached for that, and NOTHING EVER GETS DONE.

Nothing's been done? His immigration order has been overturned and upheld so many times that I've lost count.

Where was the clamor for action when the Obama administration broke the law? Essentially nonexistent in the majority of the media, since he was their anointed St. Barack, and he was essentially untouchable.

An example of Obama's illegal activity: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/federal-eye/wp/2014/08/21/gao-pentagon-broke-law-with-guantanamo-transfer-for-bowe-bergdahl/

Do you remember the Bush administration and how he was constantly accused of waging illegal wars and ignoring the constitution? That's how Trump's term will unfold: shrill cries for justice, even though Obama waged the same wars, snooped on the same Americans (he even managed to kill a couple) and operated the same prison in Guantanamo.

I never thought I'd say this, but Bush seems like a saint compared to the idiot you've voted in now. The man is bloody insane and I'm surprised somebody intelligent like you can't see that.

Quote: keewik @ 10th February 2017, 8:53 PM

Before anybody patronises me AGAIN about how the US system works, I understand perfectly well, but I still think it's undemocratic that a majority of the citizens voted one way and they get foisted on them a bloody loony whom the MINORITY voted in.

And, by the way, before Da Butt lumps me alongside people who're only complaining because they lost, let me say if the Americans, individually, had voted by a majority for Trump, I'd have accepted that. All right, I'd have despaired and have thought they were f**king lunatics, but I'd have accepted it.

Is it fair that 3.8 million people voted UKIP, yet they won only a single seat, while only 1.4 million voted SNP and they won 56 seats?

Only 20% of the people who live in this country voted for Hillary, so it's not as if a massive mandate was squandered.

Quote: keewik @ 10th February 2017, 9:03 PM

I never thought I'd say this, but Bush seems like a saint compared to the idiot you've voted in now. The man is bloody insane and I'm surprised somebody intelligent like you can't see that.

Wow . . . you've summed everything up in 2 short sentences, whereas I tend to think, why use 2 when 15 will do!

:P

Yeah, yours can be shortened to Fopdoodle RIGHT vs. anyone with a different opinion WRONG

Quote: keewik @ 10th February 2017, 9:03 PM

The man is bloody insane and I'm surprised somebody intelligent like you can't see that.

So I guess we can add "insane" to "Nazi" and "racist" when we describe our (Republican) political opponents these days? Eh?

I'm intelligent and I've seen nothing to indicate that Trump is insane. Loudmouth, braggart, and crude come to mind, but not insane. The same goes for monster, etc.

Quote: DaButt @ 10th February 2017, 9:09 PM

Is it fair that 3.8 million people voted UKIP, yet they won only a single seat, while only 1.4 million voted SNP and they won 56 seats?

Only 20% of the people who live in this country voted for Hillary, so it's not as if a massive mandate was squandered.

I believe in proportional representation.and, by the way there are NO UKIP MPs in Scotland. There is one EMP who is unbelievably ignorant and thick ( he accused the BBC of maligning him when it was ITV - wouldn't you think he'd have checked?) He's such an embarrassment that I actually squirm on his behalf even though I loathe him - product of a prestigious Glasgow private school - god knows how they accepted him.

And in case you haven't noticed, people outwith Scotland can't vote SNP, though I've many English friends who wish they could.

Quote: DaButt @ 10th February 2017, 9:18 PM

So I guess we can add "insane" to "Nazi" and "racist" when we describe our (Republican) political opponents these days? Eh?

I'm intelligent and I've seen nothing to indicate that Trump is insane. Loudmouth, braggart, and crude come to mind, but not insane. The same goes for monster, etc.

I have no reason to malign Republicans. Let's be honest, he wasn't really their choice. God! They must have been desperate. And yes, I think 'Nazi', 'racist' and 'insane' fit him.pretty well.

Nazi, racist and insane? ??? Unbelievable opinions. You couldn't make it up! Jeez is it a real poster or a Trump hatebot?

So you've come down from your tree again. Why don't you try posting some of your actual opinions instead of waiting to creep in and disagree with somebody to make yourself sound important?

I have tried to put a balanced view forward here and there because I don't see too many rational views on Trump. Except obviously Dabutt.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 10th February 2017, 10:05 PM

I have tried to put a balanced view forward here and there because I don't see too many rational views on Trump. Except obviously Dabutt.

No you haven't . You just like to disagree with women and feel superior, God help you.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 10th February 2017, 9:17 PM

Yeah, yours can be shortened to Fopdoodle RIGHT vs. anyone with a different opinion WRONG

See above example.

If I'm speaking plainly, which I usually do, you're a bloody patronising pain in the arse without an original idea in your head.

Your opinion, you are entitled to it.

That sounds like a cop out, which doesn't surprise me. Everything you post is a reaction. You never have the guts to volunteer your original opinion ( if you ever have one).

Back up your tree, sonny, and stay there till you've something worth saying.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 10th February 2017, 9:17 PM

Not biting if you're after a fight . . . and I only comment on what I see . . . but time will tell and a lot of words and humble pie will eaten.

True.