I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,885

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 10th February 2017, 1:50 PM

Might work in a single party system but I cannot see it working otherwise. Across the globe opposing political parties seem to pretty much hate each other.

I had noticed that, but would it be any worse than the current system at a Party change?
It should lead to a 2-year smoothed change from one party's policies to the other party's policies.

Yes there would be in-fighting in the White House, but hopefully not too apparent to the population outside. The outgoing President 'KNOWS' that the changes will occur in any case when he leaves office.

A bit like our 2-year Brexit negotiation period.

AngryAngryHuh?ErrrWhistling nnocentlySmarmy;)Wave

Maybe, I don't know to be honest. After hundreds of years of establishing systems, what we have comes after a lot of compromise. We've come from force wins and rules to what we have now. In some ways maybe we haven't come very far at all.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 10th February 2017, 10:36 PM

Not biting if you're after a fight . . . and I only comment on what I see . . . but time will tell and a lot of words and humble pie will eaten.

No fight wanted. I too was commenting on what I saw. I offered an honest response to your posts and I think I have summed up your position on Trump quite well. You have made up your mind and only want to be agreed with as far as I can see. But that is what all the anti-Trump posters seem to want which makes it pointless posting. No discussion, Trump is a Nazi, that's it.

Quote: keewik @ 10th February 2017, 10:33 PM

That sounds like a cop out, which doesn't surprise me. Everything you post is a reaction. You never have the guts to volunteer your original opinion ( if you ever have one).

Back up your tree, sonny, and stay there till you've something worth saying.

Your posts are full of bile, and then you play the old 'you're a misogynist' card. Is that your usual 'get out of jail card'? My opinion is simply that Trump is trying to fulfill the ticket he was elected on and that May is trying to implement the outcome of the referendum. That there is so much anti-Trump and anti-Brexit over-reaction and irrational responses when they are the outcomes of election and referendum in two of the most stable democracies in the World, I find that disturbing.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 10th February 2017, 11:54 PM

Your posts are full of bile, and then you play the old 'you're a misogynist' card. Is that your usual 'get out of jail card'? My opinion is simply that ...

I don't need to 'play' anything. Your posts speak for themselves. You want to take a real good look at yourself. Never anything original. Always jump on the bandwagon of who you want to please.

You disagree with (and minimise) me, Fobdoodle and Zooo, the only 3 women who regularly post. I don't think you're even aware of how you're operating.

Quote: keewik @ 11th February 2017, 12:03 AM

I don't need to 'play' anything. Your posts speak for themselves. You want to take a real good look at yourself. Never anything original. Always jump on the bandwagon of who you want to please.

I can't see anything to respond to there that I haven't already covered. So I reckon we are all done.

And 'full of bile'? By God yes. I didn't bring 2 humans into the world (maybe that's beyond your comprehension) for them to be blootered by a moronic nutter (add that to my description of Trump,).

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 11th February 2017, 12:12 AM

I can't see anything to respond to there that I haven't already covered. So I reckon we are all done.

Yes, you certainly are!

Quote: keewik @ 11th February 2017, 12:08 AM

You disagree with (and minimise) me, Fobdoodle and Zooo, the only 3 women who regularly post. I don't think you're even aware of how you're operating.

Well I knew that Zooo was a woman, have known that for a long time, and I was told you were about a week ago and I found out tonight that Fopdoodle is. I do not consider gender when posting. If you post strong opinion like 'Trump is a racist nazi , etc.' you can't then claim to be 'minimised' by any one else posting that they don't agree. I'll let you have the last word:

By all means 'don't agree' but don't give us the patronising shit that you don't have the guts to give the men.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 10th February 2017, 11:59 PM

Trump is trying to fulfill the ticket he was elected on

Maybe the fact that he's filling his cabinet with billionaire lobbyists and an alt-right propagandist, he's trashing and trying to intimidate judges and all people who disagree with him on Twitter, uses his status as a president to push his own and his daughter's private businesses etc. (the list is endless) causes strong feelings with some people such as keewik. Just maybe.
To pretend he's just a decent guy doing his job in a proper way and to treat all who fear for their future as if they were completely irrational and hysterical isn't entirely fair.

I am not pretending anything. I have posted what I think. I think the exec orders Trump has made are based on the ticket he was elected on. As for what he and his cabinet will do In the future it will probably be more of the same I would expect. I think the tougher stance on immigration by the U.S. and UK (Brexit) has been voted for. Judges can be challenged, the law can be challenged. I don't have a problem with that. I think if somebody posts that Trump is a racist Nazi monster then that is an hysterical and irrational post. Trump uses Twitter like everybody else. I have read his Tweets.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 11th February 2017, 9:44 AM

I think the exec orders Trump has made are based on the ticket he was elected on.

1. Why not ban people from Saudi Arabia as well then? Why "protect" America from only 7 potential threats when there are lot more well known candidates around?
2. I don't see how enabling the Wall Street to gamble in a big way again (like before the financial crisis) is going to help Joe Average.

I'm sure she wouldn't have been perfect. But I keep seeing things like this and getting flashes of how nice it would be to just have a basically decent, normal human being running the US. :(
Somewhere there's an alternate universe where that happened and I'm quite jealous of it.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th February 2017, 10:10 AM

1. Why not ban people from Saudi Arabia as well then? Why "protect" America from only 7 potential threats when there are lot more well known candidates around?
2. I don't see how enabling the Wall Street to gamble in a big way again (like before the financial crisis) is going to help Joe Average.

The 7 countries are the ones identified as a threat by the previous administration. It's a temporary ban to enable more strict controls to be put in place. I think he may add more countries in the future. I don't see the U.S. or UK taking any action against Saudi Arabia somehow (rightly or wrongly). I don't know about Wall Street helping Joe Average. I've haven't seen much help for the man in the street for a very long time including pre-Trump.

It's merely a coincidence that the Muslim countries not on the ban list are the only ones Trump has business with.
Also this...

(Surely everyone's already seen this? People on Twitter have probably seen all this stuff a hundred times, but maybe non Twitterers haven't, who knows.)