I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,890

I wonder if Harrison has been offered the job of piloting Air Force One ?

Quote: keewik @ 16th February 2017, 10:06 PM

Watching Trump on the News. What's next? State control of the press in the US?

It's exactly the opposite, really. For too long the press essentially controlled the political narrative, and it's quite enjoyable watching them lose their marbles because the president refuses to play their game, choosing instead to call them out on it.

But surely he can't do that with the judges? Sooner or later he is at risk of being impeached?

They will not impeach him unless he's on the verge of causing a world war or flushing the American economy down the toilet.

Did Bill Clinton get impeached?

The congress is being controlled by the GOP and they haven't got the guts to tell him off.
McCain is one of the few to do so and look what happened. Trump crapped him on Twitter and now his lemmings call McCain a "coward", "traitor", "old man" etc.

Tony Blair has said it is his "mission" to persuade Britons to "rise up" and change their minds on Brexit.
Speaking in the City of London, the former prime minister claimed that people voted in the referendum "without knowledge of the true terms of Brexit".
He said he wanted to "build support for finding a way out from the present rush over the cliff's edge".

Next he'll be saying, I used be Prime Minister, trust me..

..or maybe, you trusted me on Iraq so now trust me on this..

Bliar can f**k off.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 17th February 2017, 12:44 AM

I wonder if Harrison has been offered the job of piloting Air Force One ?

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud
That might just be an excellent idea!

No, not Ford. Otto from the Simpsons would be the right man.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 17th February 2017, 8:30 AM

But surely he can't do that with the judges? Sooner or later he is at risk of being impeached?

One word that sprung to mind watching him at his press conference was 'unravelling'.

I actually felt quite sorry for him in places given all the nasty stuff he reads and he even articulated it better than usual (unlike on Twitter) but then he snatches it back by making everything about his fragile ego.

And he can't expect people to believe or trust him when everything he's addressing is either fantastic or a disaster with nothing in-between . . . and any negative stuff is automatically 'fake news' whether based on fact or not . . . and he's already shown himself to have a flimsy relationship with the truth given his alternative facts that are proved to be fantasy later. This doesn't exactly demonstrate integrity . . . only consistent incompetence given character flaws.

People might actually respect him if he just admitted a few things - like saying there have been a few teething problems rather than that his 'administration was running like a fine tuned machine', which is clearly nonsense - and to dismiss the issues with his executive order as purely down to a 'bad judge' is very unprofessional and even juvenile.

So I'm not surprised that words such as 'unfit' and 'unstable' are all over the media now, as he has made his bed and is probably incapable of modifying his behaviour, because he appears to be unravelling, only his ego is far too large to realise.

'Unravelling' that's another good label, you might get syndicated on that!

It depends how you look at it though, on one hand the mainstream press say 'chaotic' so Trump says 'fine tuned machine' - tit for tat?

But what is the 'truth' - I don't think the truth sits well with the media, politicians or business leaders - what is expedient for us to best profit from the situation - that is the 'truth' universally promoted by all sides. And it makes for more than one 'truth' as we are seeing.

Was it the Executive Order that overstepped the mark or was it the judge? Opinions differ. Trump's 'bad judge' is just his short hand to get his message out and clear. The rhetoric involved won't affect the outcome and as such it's irrelevant.

If it goes to the Supreme Court and they decide the judge was in error, will the media accept that? No, it will be a 'stitch up by the Republican majority'. And if the court decides Trump was wrong, will he accept that - we already know he won't!

"Also uranium. You know what uranium is, right? This thing called nuclear weapons, and other things. Like, lots of... things are done... with uranium, including some bad things."

Quote: playfull @ 2nd February 2017, 11:23 AM

I think we can both agree Trump was not only the American peoples second choice for President but is also potentially the worst President America will ever have. No class, no modesty, no empathy and quite possibly sociopathic.

I have seen nothing to change my mind - or even moderate my opinion.

Quote: playfull @ 17th February 2017, 3:39 PM

I have seen nothing to change my mind - or even moderate my opinion.

Ditto.

I think what a lot of his supporters fail to appreciate is that we actually see the silly sod on TV telling lies, being unbelievably rude, (even when not provoked - e.g. with John Sopel yesterday) and generally making an idiot of himself. Mind you, Mr. Keewik did remark recently that Trump must have SOME talent because he's able to rant and insult people prolifically,
with only a 500 word vocabulary. :P