I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,892

Quote: keewik @ 17th February 2017, 11:21 PM

What's your take on this, Da Butt? Was it the act of a decent human being? We all saw it.

First of all, decent people say inappropriate things all the time. I do, you do, we all do. Remember when president Obama made a cringe-worthy comparison of his own bowling skills to the Special Olympics while appearing on national television? Did that remark take him out of the "decent human being" category? Why wasn't there a massive uproar in the press?

There are plenty of YouTube videos of Trump flapping his arms about while making a point about non-disabled people. It's apparently a thing he does. It's entirely plausible that Trump was not mocking the reporter, but for Trump haters it's case closed.

Even if Trump intentionally mocked a handicapped reporter, it would be nothing more than a politically incorrect, unpresidential blunder in the same vein as Obama's Special Olympics comment. It just shows that they're human and capable of making unfortunate mistakes.

Here's a question: Is Trump's (alleged) nonverbal mocking of a handicapped person worse than likening someone to Hitler or calling him a racist? Is it worse than Hillary Clinton calling Trump's supporters deplorable racists, sexists, homophobes and Islamophobes?

Nope.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 17th February 2017, 5:49 PM

Apparently, (or so it says on the internet..) Obama once stated that he himself was of the Muslim faith and the interviewer corrected him and said no, you are of the Christian faith, to which Obama agreed that he was, in fact Christian.

Now (if I had been an Obama hater) I could have said that how can a man who doesn't even know what faith he is be fit to be President. Or I could just say he was caught off guard, or made a silly mistake, etc.

Mind you, have you ever got your faith wrong in a conversation? No, neither have I.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslimfaith.asp

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. Apparently, or so it says on the internet, a cat was stuck up a tree, but later it went down.

Quote: keewik @ 17th February 2017, 11:21 PM

I repeat ...
What's your take on this, Da Butt? Was it the act of a decent human being? We all saw it.

Quote: DaButt @ 18th February 2017, 3:37 PM

Here's a question: Is Trump's (alleged) nonverbal mocking of a handicapped person worse than likening someone to Hitler or calling him a racist?

Pointless to argue with someone who thinks guns in the hands of civilians is a good thing.
Guns = bad, cos they are used to kill people ("But so are baseball bats and knifes and Hello Kitty toothbrushes, etc, ad nauseam.")
Trump = fascist dickhead (Just cos he discriminated against blacks doesn't make him a racist, just cos he talks like a 7-year-old doesn't make him a fool, just cos he engages in locker room banter of pussy grabbing doesn't make him a sexist pig, etc.)

News conference where he bullies the black person and the Jewish person... And you wonder why there are comparisons to Hitler?
A man who plans to ignore the media, ignore the truth and instead go back to his campaign crowds. And attend some big rallies. Huge rallies. Biggest rallies you've ever seen. Remind you of anyone?

Quote: Kenneth @ 18th February 2017, 4:30 PM

Pointless to argue with someone who thinks guns in the hands of civilians is a good thing.

It would also seem pointless to argue with someone who lives in a country where civilians are allowed to own guns, when you yourself also live in a country where civilians are allowed to own guns.

I find it hard to believe that anyone ever voted for the gibberish spouting half wit. His views and credibility are zero. Why is airtime ever given to this vacuous clown? Trump......? Sorry I was talking about Blair.........

Immature, but it made me laugh.

Quote: zooo @ 18th February 2017, 5:12 PM

Immature, but it made me laugh.

Well done. But I'll add to my earlier comments and say that making fun of someone because of their skin color (or any aspect of their physical appearance) is just as mean and politically incorrect as making fun of someone's physical handicap.

Why have standards when you can have double standards? ;)

Lol, I knew you would try that. ;)

Everyone stop being mean about Trump's makeup choices! We are making him sad.

(Being shit at makeup is NOT a skin colour or disability.)

Quote: DaButt @ 18th February 2017, 5:17 PM

Well done. But I'll add to my earlier comments and say that making fun of someone because of their skin color (or any aspect of their physical appearance) is just as mean and politically incorrect as making fun of someone's physical handicap.

Why have standards when you can have double standards? ;)

But it's not his skin colour . . . as proved in this pic: http://elitedaily.com/news/politics/trump-fake-tan-line-exposed/1792410/

. . . he only uses self tan half way up his forehead.

Quote: Michael Corleone @ 1st April 1960, 0:00 PM

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

First of all, decent people say inappropriate things all the time.

No, they don't.

I do..

Noted.

..you do..

No I don't.

.. we all do.

No 'we' don't.

Quote: zooo @ 18th February 2017, 5:20 PM

Everyone stop being mean about Trump's makeup choices! We are making him sad.

Nah, just pointing out the hypocrisy that's rampant these days. If Donald Trump made comments about a woman's makeup or hairstyle people would flip their wigs, but it's perfectly ok to make fun of his. As I said, double standards.

I laughed at the "I'm Peach" joke because it was funny. I laughed at the "Orange is the New Black" comparison of Trump vs Obama because it was funny. I laughed at the jokes about Hillary's hideous pantsuits because they were funny. Even a joke about a handicapped person can be funny. Why let politics and/or political correctness get in the way of humor?

Quote: fopdoodle @ 18th February 2017, 5:35 PM

But it's not his skin colour

Is he not allowed to self-identify as orange (or peach)?

It's all stupid politics and political correctness anyway; there's always someone who will be offended, and it's usually done along party lines.

Blackface = horribly racist.
Suntans = healthy and fit (with a bit of cancer thrown in.)
Fake tans = stupid orange idiots.
Skin lightening (goths, Michael Jackson) = perfectly fine.

It's a screwy world we live in. I frequently hear people from the UK refer to Native Americans are "red Indians." That sounds horribly racist to my American ears, but I'm not going to get worked up about it. People of all races and religions need to relax a little.

Quote: SSTT @ 18th February 2017, 5:35 PM

No I don't.

The next time I'm in the UK I'd like to meet and shake hands with the only human being who has never made an offensive remark. Then I'll buy you a beer.

First of all, decent people say inappropriate things all the time. I do, you do, we all do.

To reiterate: you do.. I don't.. 'we' don't.

Quote: Kenneth @ 18th February 2017, 4:12 PM

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslimfaith.asp

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. Apparently, or so it says on the internet, a cat was stuck up a tree, but later it went down.

So, insults and sarcasm, must be an anti-Trumper! But you make a good point. There is fake, exaggerated and out of context information about US Presidents on the Internet. We are seeing that.

I hope I'm not going all religious in my old age but I'm starting to agree with the Pope these days.

Quote: SSTT @ 18th February 2017, 6:33 PM

To reiterate: you do.. I don't.. 'we' don't.

Ok, so you're just arguing about semantics. If it'll please you, feel free to replace my sentence with "First of all, it's not unheard of for decent people to say inappropriate things."

Quote: wigwam willy @ 18th February 2017, 7:34 PM

I hope I'm not going all religious in my old age but I'm starting to agree with the Pope these days.

What did he say? Two minutes ago my Facebook timeline presented me with "memories" and the one from this day last year was about the pope complaining about people (Trump) who would build walls. Pretty rich coming from a man who lives in a walled city. :)