I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,896

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 27th February 2017, 5:16 PM

That kind of knee jerk us and them, our way or the highway reaction that divides people is why I tend to stay out of political debates.

It's so bizarre to me that non-Americans would invest so much time and effort into railing against an American president.

On a different note, I wonder who the two astronauts are? I'd say Branson, but I guess that would be a conflict of interest with his own space business.

http://www.spacex.com/news/2017/02/27/spacex-send-privately-crewed-dragon-spacecraft-beyond-moon-next-year

Perhaps it's because he could involve the world in a nuclear war?
When someone who is known to be ill-tempered, thin-skinned and erratic in control of the USA nuclear arsenal we all get a tad nervous.

Quote: DaButt @ 27th February 2017, 9:50 PM

It's so bizarre to me that non-Americans would invest so much time and effort into railing against an American president.

Not me, I got utterly bored with the whole subject weeks ago.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 27th February 2017, 11:15 PM

Perhaps it's because he could involve the world in a nuclear war?
When someone who is known to be ill-tempered, thin-skinned and erratic in control of the USA nuclear arsenal we all get a tad nervous.

It's so obvious this is the reason we are all scared . . . anyone would be nervous if they had an unstable narcissist as a next door neighbour with access to weapons. He even thinks the Oscars blunder was about him.

Given the US is supposedly the most powerful country in the world and therefore their president is the most powerful man in the world, it can only be yet another example of their insularity if they don't realise why the rest of us are concerned that they've elected a nutter.

Quote: DaButt @ 27th February 2017, 9:50 PM

Allow me to elucidate:
1. America has for decades (since the end of WWII) had a global leadership role, for better or for worse. Now, if Trump were the president of, say, Finland (which does not have a global leadership role), then perhaps fewer people would care about him.

2. Australia and the UK have traditionally been US allies. Australia and the US have a defense treaty. So when a traditional ally is led by an unstable, undiplomatic egomaniac, there is cause for alarm.

3. America has thousands of nuclear weapons. Trump has no experience in foreign policy. How will he handle foreign crises? With wise, thoughtful leadership? Or will he respond with his trademark egotistical bombast and petulance (preferring to get his facts from Fox News over intelligence)? This is of concern to many people.

4. As Trump relinquishes America's global leadership role, and instead adopts a more Chinese-style approach of "no shared values for other countries, just do whatever is in our economic interest" -- then will other nations turn to China (a far greater economic superpower than America) to fill the vacuum? China, unlike the US, does not espouse "Western-style democratic values". China has territorial ambitions. It's fascinating to see how the world may change because celebrity-obsessed America elected a dipshit clown (not that Hillary Clinton was any great alternative).

Hope this clears things up.

It's ironic that in wanting to protect 'his' country, he could bring about its rapid demise virtually singlehandedly.

So most of the world is holding its breath, and we will only breathe out again, with a massive collective sigh of relief, when something happens to stop this madness.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 28th February 2017, 12:01 AM

It's so obvious this is the reason we are all scared . . . anyone would be nervous if they had an unstable narcissist as a next door neighbour with access to weapons. He even thinks the Oscars blunder was about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZmCJUSC6g

That was precisely the song I was thinking about . . .

God! Evan Davis has just interviewed 2 unbelievably thick American women who think the sun shines out of Trump's arse. If they're an example of his support .... I rest my case.

Actually Evan Davis was having a really hard time trying not to laugh.

That's right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZXOydtO5Ww

Mental illness seems to be rife both inside and outside the oval office.

Or they're putting something in the water.

This is just so unprecedented (or unpresidented in Trumpland) that nobody knows how to stop this maniac, but in meantime he just continues to make a fool out of himself, and anyone who supports him by believing his lies, and I will eat my words if he actually achieves anything to benefit his supporters (i.e.: for the regular Joes who think he's going to restore the rustbelt and give them jobs again), because these are just more words of nonsense like the ones he spouts regarding his ludicrous conspiracy theories.

It was funny before because I think the world was in shock and didn't know how to respond, but now it's at best, embarrassing, at worst, terrifying.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 7th March 2017, 5:21 AM

Trumpland) that nobody knows how to stop this maniac.

If you lined the corridors of the White house with mirrors that would at least slow him down. Or encourage him to build the wall, that would expose him and just think of the graffiti opportunities.

Quote: Firkin @ 7th March 2017, 10:58 AM

If you lined the corridors of the White house with mirrors that would at least slow him down. Or encourage him to build the wall, that would expose him and just think of the graffiti opportunities.

Mirrors, brilliant - and ramps! Get the folks on quick home makeover shows on the job overnight, perhaps use these undulating fairground ones to make him think he's still in a dream, block out the windows and change the clocks.

:D

Yet another fictional Trump 'fact' courtesy of the Donald via Twitter. How many more will it take?

I am honestly starting to think that he is actually going for impeachment because he may be struggling. He got the gig, not really knowing what was involved, and by his own admission, achieving goals is all about 'the chase'.

He would never step down as that would be admitting an epic fail, but to be impeached for gross misconduct - he could pass it off as "well, I didn't know" while slagging off the whole pantomime and constraints as "a disaster" to save face.

I just fail to see how any halfwit couldn't see that making such outrageous allegations about his predecessor without foundation would have serious consequences. This alone could finish him if he can't back it up, so either that's what he's doing or he really is self absorbed enough to believe his own BS and is embracing all the lies as truths because he actually sees himself as some sort of superhuman hybrid . . . which would also explain the spelling mistakes as he also doesn't seem to care when he makes simple typos using words I could spell by the time I was about 7 years old.

It only took one guy to leave the bow doors open on that doomed ferry 30 years ago, and he could be responsible for the bow doors of the world if he continues to demonstrate he has no filter or self control.

He is the 'human' equivalent of the titanic with all of us onboard, only the iceberg could be his words alone.