I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,891

Quote: zooo @ 17th February 2017, 3:37 PM

"Also uranium. You know what uranium is, right? This thing called nuclear weapons, and other things. Like, lots of... things are done... with uranium, including some bad things."

Laughing out loud that is a funny quote.

You might say a 5 year old could have said that.

You might also say that a 5 year old would understand it.

'bad judge'

. . . and 'a nuclear war would be bad'. Did he really actually say that? His fondness for stating the bleeding obvious using one syllable words (including 'not good') doesn't do him any favours. Perhaps he should read a thesaurus at night instead of fuelling his rage reading more from media online.

If he was smart, he should volunteer for psychiatric evaluation, and that way, if he was found to be of sound mind, all the speculation might actually end. But as he simply shuns/blocks anything he doesn't like (such as questions) he is dismissing the mere suggestion as a further personal attack/persecution by the press.

Whatever happens, I truly believe he will be responsible for his own demise. Either he will get fed-up and quit (though doubtful as he would lose face) or he will say something even more outrageous that will make the prospect of any further involvement completely untenable.

Apparently, (or so it says on the internet..) Obama once stated that he himself was of the Muslim faith and the interviewer corrected him and said no, you are of the Christian faith, to which Obama agreed that he was, in fact Christian.

Now (if I had been an Obama hater) I could have said that how can a man who doesn't even know what faith he is be fit to be President. Or I could just say he was caught off guard, or made a silly mistake, etc.

Mind you, have you ever got your faith wrong in a conversation? No, neither have I.

But anyway, you might be right about Trump. We'll have to wait and see.

I think the thing about Trump's agenda and also Brexit is that they are both so different than what we had before that it almost turns the boat over.

Oz PM has been quoting Churchill: ".......politicians complaining about the newspapers is like a sailor complaining about the sea."

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 17th February 2017, 5:49 PM

I think the thing about Trump's agenda and also Brexit is that they are both so different than what we had before that it almost turns the boat over.

So we all drown?

Quote: wigwam willy @ 17th February 2017, 6:20 PM

Oz PM has been quoting Churchill: ".......politicians complaining about the newspapers is like a sailor complaining about the sea."

That is so true.

It's a changing of the guard, it won't suit everybody.

Previous guard didn't either.

The time he made a fool of the disabled newsman should have been the time when decent Americans said 'This man is a subhuman arsehole. Get rid of him.' But no - he denies it, even though he's captured forever on television. How far does he have to go before his supporters are revolted by his tactics?

Support Arsenal?

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 17th February 2017, 7:34 PM

It's a changing of the guard, it won't suit everybody.

Previous guard didn't either.

'zactly.

How's the weather across the pond? It's 77F/25C here and we're enjoying a few beers in the sunshine. Might as well enjoy things before Hitler Mark II destroys the world, right?

Quote: keewik @ 17th February 2017, 9:00 PM

The time he made a fool of the disabled newsman should have been the time when decent Americans said 'This man is a subhuman arsehole. Get rid of him.' But no - he denies it, even though he's captured forever on television. How far does he have to go before his supporters are revolted by his tactics?

Precisely.

It's utterly bewildering to me how so much was overlooked - almost as if they had been brainwashed.

When I was at school, amongst the arsenal of puerile kiddie banter were insults such as 'spastic' and 'retard', accompanied by distorted facial expressions which I found offensive even then. Kids can be nasty but partly because they don't fully understand what they are mocking - so I think I would have been totally shocked had I seen an adult doing it.

I don't know if this still goes on in the playground, but for an adult, nowadays, with a camera pointing at them, clearly demonstrating that they believe this is acceptable behaviour is beyond belief.

But Trump supporters were/are so desperate for change that perhaps even if he'd murdered someone, they could have overlooked that too. We just underestimated the true strength of feeling, so he 'got in' virtually by default as it was exactly the right time . . . so it could, in theory, have been anyone making the same promises he did.

I repeat ...

What's your take on this, Da Butt? Was it the act of a decent human being? We all saw it.

My Dad was very fond of antiques programmes.

I am, and have always been very fond of mischief and had accumulated a collection of sound effects, so decided I might get a giggle out of lurking in the background like a naughty cat waiting with my finger poised over the button until someone on the TV picked up something fragile like a vase, then crash . . . I filled the room with the sound of shattering glass that was so gratifying it became compulsive.

If only I could lurk in the background at one of Trump's speeches . . . I have screeching car crashes, sirens and some select grunting animal noises that would be so appropriate . . .

:D

The time he made a fool of the disabled newsman should have been the time when decent Americans said 'This man is a subhuman arsehole.

And that's only one of many examples of completely unacceptable behaviour. And yet you can hear him and especially his disciples complain about the lack of respect towards him. Alternative logic.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 16th February 2017, 2:07 PM

Humble man that he was he was joking about himself being irritated by the engraving on his Bafta award that said: "John Le Mesurier. Traitor."
:D

Really a lovely man.

Just checked my TV mag for the week and see that tonight's Dad's Army stars John Le Mez...................nobody else mentioned. :D

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 18th February 2017, 9:19 AM

And that's only one of many examples of completely unacceptable behaviour. And yet you can hear him and especially his disciples complain about the lack of respect towards him. Alternative logic.

More unacceptable behaviour . . .

It has been reported that Trump's family's trips have cost taxpayers nearly in much first month ($11m) as Barack Obama's cost in an entire year (around $12m) . . .

. . . despite tweeting in January 2012: "President @BarackObama's vacation is costing taxpayers millions of dollars----Unbelievable!"

You can delete tweets . . . but he obviously doesn't care about the evidence stacking up behind him, or the pockets of the people he professes to be acting on the behalf of.