I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,873

If people want to protest (peacefully) then I think they have to do it and should be allowed to do it no matter what they are protesting about.

In the case of people protesting against the outcome of democratic elections (or referendums..) then hopefully at least they can let off steam and gain something positive from their camaraderie with fellow protesters.

And they can eventually go home with the satisfaction of thinking that possibly their protest will make others sympathetic to their cause and alter the way some votes are cast in any future elections / referendums.

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd January 2017, 4:06 PM

My Facebook feed is filled with people breathlessly reporting that more than a million people marched against Trump yesterday. So far I've managed to bite my tongue and not remind them that 63 million voted for Trump.

I imagine their answer to that would be that 66 million voted for Hillary.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 22nd January 2017, 4:28 PM

And they can eventually go home with the satisfaction of thinking that possibly their protest will make others sympathetic to their cause

That's doubtful. These protests are essentially a big group whine inside an echo chamber. They want to be heard (and that's fine) but I don't think they expect to change any minds.

Quote: zooo @ 22nd January 2017, 4:40 PM

I imagine their answer to that would be that 66 million voted for Hillary.

I wonder what she's up to these days? ;)

Going high?

Quote: zooo @ 22nd January 2017, 4:55 PM

Going high?

Not if you look at her tweets. Lots of anti-Trump stuff there over the last few weeks.

Quote: keewik @ 13th January 2017, 10:28 PM

So, maybe it won't be Trump who'll press the button. Looks like it's more likely to be the Chinese in retaliation for his insane policies.

It looks like the UK might be the ones to nuke the United States:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/british-missile-test-malfunctioned-last-off-u-coast-000018600.html

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd January 2017, 5:08 PM

Not if you look at her tweets. Lots of anti-Trump stuff there over the last few weeks.

Good, he's a f**king idiot. She should be anti-Trump.

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd January 2017, 6:34 PM

It looks like the UK might be the ones to nuke the United States:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/british-missile-test-malfunctioned-last-off-u-coast-000018600.html

Yes, Um. Sorry 'bout that.

:O

It's going to be interesting if he's going to take on the American media.They have some seriously good journalists.Unlike the UK gutter press.

I can't believe the lies from the Trump addicts about the inauguration turnout. Do they think we're blind that we can't see the picture?. Is there no lie they"ll stop at? He's not making America great - he's making it a laughing stock throughout the globe.

They obviously read 1984 and thought it was something to aspire to, rather than avoid at all costs.

They should watch Black Mirror, they'd think it was some kind of utopia.

Quote: zooo @ 19th January 2017, 7:33 PM

For the next 4 years (hopefully less) I'll be trying to forget the office of president exists at all. :)

Quote: keewik @ 19th January 2017, 10:26 PM

DITTO.

Not going very well is it? :)

Lol. We'd have to go cold turkey on both internet and TV entirely to be able to forget. :(

I did install an amazing thing that aims to change every pic of him online into a pic of a kitten though. Which has done my eyes the world of good.

That sounds excellent. I was in a house the other day with 3 cats. Paradise ( though the owners weren't delighted by the cats sharpening their claws on the leather seats).

Aww! Kitty claw-holes add character.

Quote: keewik @ 22nd January 2017, 11:11 PM

I can't believe the lies from the Trump addicts about the inauguration turnout. Do they think we're blind that we can't see the picture?.

Is it a popularity contest? I remember when we were told that it wasn't meaningful when Trump's rallies brought in many times more people than Hillary's.

What photos are you referring to? I've seen several on Facebook that were taken quite some time before the ceremony. Also : rain.