Sitcom recommendations Page 3

Not Going Out?

Quote: G180e @ July 3 2013, 2:40 PM BST

Why don't you try the very first series of Benidorm - they're very funny or Trollied.

Benidorm doesn't have the laugh track, feel, or silliness he wants.

And Trollied - just, no. Absolutely not.

Quote: Aaron @ July 3 2013, 9:32 PM BST

Which reminds me, how about Ab(solutely) Fab(ulous)? I remember enjoying the two Christmas specials in 2011. Maybe it doesn't tick all the boxes, but it does have a laugh track at least. I think the series overall was somewhat patchy, so you might need some guidance over which ones to watch from those in the know (not me).

Quote: Aaron @ July 3 2013, 9:32 PM BST

Bit mean! :O

Try OFAH, On The Buses, Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em and Terry And June.

Maurice, I think you said somewhere you were a fan of Not The Nine O'Clock News?
In which case, you might like the Mel Smith sitcom, Colin's Sandwich, from the late 1980s.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094439/

I'm not sure how much it's dated. Haven't watched it since its first run.

Quote: Maurice Moss @ June 28 2013, 4:13 PM BST

PS: Love sketch shows too, not that I mind sketch show recommendations :)

You won't get much more surreal and funny than this. :)

Trigger Happy TV

Not so much surreal as a stupid comic stunt, surely?

Like a poor man's Jackass...well... :S

Jackass was a poor man's Jackass, Gordon.

Quote: Aaron @ July 4 2013, 3:42 PM BST

Jackass was a poor man's Jackass, Gordon.

I was only joking.
Like calling Playboy a poor man's Penthouse.

Quote: Aaron @ July 4 2013, 2:54 PM BST

Not so much surreal as a stupid comic stunt, surely?

Victoria station please, Aaron! Oh, and is it okay if I eat my baguette on the way? I promise I won't leave any crumbs on your seat.

Does it have to be British?

If so, I'd recommend Not Going Out for something a lot more recent, Mr. Bean for physical and silly comedy and Bottom for silly comedy.

Aside from that, I'm not sure if you're keen on American sitcoms, but I'd recommend you check out Seinfeld which I think would be right up your alley and one of the best sitcoms of all time.

Quote: David Smith @ July 3 2013, 9:27 PM BST

Not Going Out?

Yes , but only series 1-5 because series 6 was utter drivel.

Thanks fellas :) I'm watching first episodes each and see where it goes. The one that's stuck so far's Colin's Sandwich :D Fun!

@George, that screen is from?

@Aaron - one IMDB review says The Detectives is more of a toilet humour kinda sitcom? That sort of put me off tbh.

And absolutely no sitcoms with proper stories or wishy washy BS or stuff like that people.

And US sitcoms, absolutely NOT. Unless it Arrested Development, which I've seen entirely except latest Season 4 :P Thanks for the NGO recommendation, was on my to watch list already.