Sitcom recommendations Page 6

Yeah I'm afraid Aaron's right :( Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em is a bit like Likely Lads. I did like it, but not what I'm looking for. But it's much more 'silly' than the Likely Lads, which is good - but still a bit too warm for my liking.

I've not watched Little Britain/CTS yet (shocker I know).

So far I'm still stuck on The Detectives (so good) and Colin's Sandwich. Nearly done watching all episodes of both the series.

Have you tried Fun At The Funeral Parlour yet Maurice?

Quote: FracturedMirror @ July 18 2013, 1:23 AM BST

Have you tried Fun At The Funeral Parlour yet Maurice?

I have indeed. Lack of laugh track on that was such a turn off for me :(

Quote: Maurice Moss @ July 18 2013, 6:04 PM BST

I have indeed. Lack of laugh track on that was such a turn off for me :(

That's too bad. I knew it lacked a laugh track, but from what you posted it seemed our taste in sitcoms was similar and I figured you might like it. There are a lot of really silly comedic moments in it, and a lot of good guest stars.

I agree, that was very much close to what I was looking for. That sitcom really demanded a laugh track - I mean it's had every making of a studio sitcom, and the kinda of studio sitcom I was looking for too.

I'll try giving it another shot though.

Any verdict on "Absolutely Fabulous"?

Not that great. I have tried it way back, but didn't really work for me.

Quote: Maurice Moss @ July 19 2013, 7:09 PM BST

Not that great. I have tried it way back, but didn't really work for me.

I suppose with any series that's got a life-span of 20 years, it can be a bit hit-and-miss, but when it's good, it can be very good. I only really watched the early series, and then some of the specials.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/absolutely_fabulous/

Found a couple of good, short clips on here from the most recent specials:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/absolutely_fabulous/videos/3291/the_kardashian_syndrome/

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/absolutely_fabulous/videos/3984/london_2012_olympics_special_preview/

I don't find it unbearably bad, it does work in parts and all, but I don't like Saunders in it somehow. And not exactly the silly feel I'm looking for.

I don't find it unbearably bad, it does work in parts and all, but I don't like Saunders in it somehow. Maurice Moss, BCG

They should quote you on the DVD cover. Laughing out loud

Wouldn't it be great to see this kind of put-down occasionally on all the promo gumpf we get relentlessly hit with?

I've seen a few comedians use bad quotes on their tour posters, and maybe one or two on DVDs. Is usually only really big ones that can afford to though!

Quote: zooo @ July 20 2013, 1:51 PM BST

I've seen a few comedians use bad quotes on their tour posters, and maybe one or two on DVDs. Is usually only really big ones that can afford to though!

Yes on Ricky Gervais' fourth stand up DVD on the back it says "tasteless and unfunny" by the daily mail. Laughing out loud

Quote: G180e @ July 20 2013, 1:55 PM BST

Yes on Ricky Gervais' fourth stand up DVD on the back it says "tasteless and unfunny" by the daily mail. Laughing out loud

But that counts as a recommendation in my eyes. ;)

Quote: George Kaplan @ July 20 2013, 1:34 PM BST

I don't find it unbearably bad, it does work in parts and all, but I don't like Saunders in it somehow. Maurice Moss, BCG

They should quote you on the DVD cover. Laughing out loud

Wouldn't it be great to see this kind of put-down occasionally on all the promo gumpf we get relentlessly hit with?

Well they can feel free to quote me anytime Laughing out loud

As for the thread, feel kinda depressed that Mel Smith died as soon as I finished watching Colin's Sandwich. :( RIP Mel.

Now watching That Mitchell And Webb Look. Had tried it earlier and didn't particularly love the first few episodes - but it gets so much better. Now I love it and am right into the fourth season :)

Quote: Maurice Moss @ July 20 2013, 6:16 PM BST

Now watching That Mitchell And Webb Look. Had tried it earlier and didn't particularly love the first few episodes - but it gets so much better. Now I love it and am right into the fourth season :)

The Armstrong & Miller Show has some good sketches too, though it's more traditional than Mitchell and Webb.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_armstrong_and_miller_show/