Sitcom recommendations Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ June 28 2013, 5:38 PM BST

Given your other likes, Maurice, I'd be surprised if you liked Citizen Khan.

I'd be surprised if anyone liked Citizen Khan.

Have you watched Catterick Maurice?

I quite enjoyed it, fustidious.

Citizen Khan, that is. Didn't really care for Catterick in the slightest - but then it is a very long time since I watched it.

No, thanks I'll give it a try. Probably gonna skip Citizen Khan for the moment.

Now watching "The Thin Blue Line" - dunno if it's Atkinson (big fan), but totally loving it.

How about The Office? It's awful and overrated but you should give it a go. Extras too that was good.

You make it sound so f**king tempting.

How do you feel about The Detectives and Drop The Dead Donkey?

Hate The Office, exactly the kind of sitcom that I DON'T like. Extras was fine - not something I'd watch again, but while it lasted.

Thanks for that Aaron, I'm gonna give DTDD a shot after I'm done with the Thin Blue Line :) That totally slipped under the radar. Detectives sounds good too - both are sitcoms with laughtracks right?

They are. The Detectives isn't a studio show however, but it is very very funny and silly.

Quote: Aaron @ July 1 2013, 3:17 AM BST

The Detectives is very very funny and silly.

I totally disagree, I bought the first series of The Detectives for £5 and I thought it was absolute tripe. I feel really gutted to have wasted £5 on such a rubbish sitcom.

Then eBay it for £7.

Quote: Aaron @ July 1 2013, 9:07 PM BST

Then eBay it for £7.

My Dad's Brother had it off me for nowt!

Hi Maurice. You should check out Still Game. I had never seen it, but from the synopsis I read I brought the complete collection for £25 and loved it. 6 series and some specials were made. For me it is in my top 10 of all time.

If you like things a bit surreal try Ideal, 2 Point 4 Children, Nighty Night and Nightingales.

Why don't you try the very first series of Benidorm - they're very funny or Trollied.

It sounds like you would like 'Chalk' as well. It stars David Bamber as a deputy headmaster of a school who is routinely humiliated in a series of hilarious situations. Laughter track, charismatic lead; ticks all the right boxes.