Sitcom recommendations Page 5

Quote: Maurice Moss @ July 8 2013, 7:37 AM BST

@G180, I've mentioned I love AP already, haven't I? This country. Will check out Last of the Summer - but got a bizzare feeling that it's more story oriented sitcom like the Likely Lads with lots of bonding moments etc? I'm not looking for such sitcoms.

I don't think these people remotely understand what you're looking for, Maurice. LOTSW should be known by every comedy fan so do try it, but it's not the type of humour you've described. Might win you over in other ways, but it hasn't the silly sensibility you crave,

Quote: Maurice Moss @ July 8 2013, 7:37 AM BST

No @George, I missed that, will check it out. TY!

@G180, I've mentioned I love AP already, haven't I? This country. Will check out Last of the Summer - but got a bizzare feeling that it's more story oriented sitcom like the Likely Lads with lots of bonding moments etc? I'm not looking for such sitcoms.

Yes, you do like AP. I had forgotten. Check out LOTSW though, you may like it.

Quote: Aaron @ July 8 2013, 11:52 AM BST

I don't think these people remotely understand what you're looking for, Maurice. LOTSW should be known by every comedy fan so do try it, but it's not the type of humour you've described. Might win you over in other ways, but it hasn't the silly sensibility you crave,

I think that depends on which series of LOTSW that you watch. Some of them are very gentle and are based on the dialogue but some are extremely silly.

Quote: Nick @ July 11 2013, 6:13 AM BST

I think that depends on which series of LOTSW that you watch. Some of them are very gentle and are based on the dialogue but some are extremely silly.

True - but is the silly, studio sitcom feel the predominant style of the show? I freely admit I'm not too familiar with the early series, but from what I have seen of them, I wouldn't have put the show amongst those of the type being looked for here?

What about Gavin & Stacey or The Inbetweeners?

Quote: G180e @ July 11 2013, 11:57 AM BST

What about Gavin & Stacey

Quote: Maurice Moss @ July 5 2013, 7:24 AM BST

And absolutely no sitcoms with proper stories or wishy washy BS or stuff like that people.

Quote: G180e @ July 11 2013, 11:57 AM BST

What about Gavin & Stacey or The Inbetweeners?

I'm not looking for sitcoms like The Likely Lads for instance, although I do like it reasonably well. Or The Inbetweeners, for that matter. Looking for more sitcoms on the laugh out loud side. If you know what I mean.

Smarmy

Give Nightingales a shot, you'll find it on narred's channel on YouTube.

Thanks Ulysses, I have tried it out - not sure I'm looking for exactly that. It's certainly surreal, but not exactly the silly studio sitcom feel I was looking for. Certainly would give it a fair run, but so far hasn't quite clicked for me.

What about sketch shows such as Little Britain or The Catherine Tate Show?

You might want to check out Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em which I think should be right up your alley.

Whoops Apocalypse?

Have you tried Rev.?

I really don't think you understand, in the slightest, the kind of comedy he's looking for - and explicitly says he dislikes!

Quote: Maurice Moss @ July 15 2013, 6:04 AM BST

Certainly would give it a fair run, but so far hasn't quite clicked for me.

The second series is an improvement over the first, I particularly love the interaction between Carter and Bell; there's a scene where they capture an intruder that always brings tears of laughter to my eyes. It's right up there with Father Jack saying how sorry he is and Beavis confessing to killing a bunch of people... and of course Bradley Walsh asking the Fanny Chmelar question.