Sitcom recommendations

So, I've already exhausted my list of sitcoms to watch and am looking for new recommendations. To give you a fair idea, I love - Fawlty Towers (duh), Father Ted, The IT Crowd (Linehan sitcoms), Blackadder (duh), Nathan Barley, Alan Partridge (duh), HNTLYL, Red Dwarf, Spaced and Black Books the most.

The kind of sitcoms where there's no much story going on (except HNTLYL, NB and GW) but there's a lot of comedy, preferably surreal and with a laugh track. Like Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Partridge or The IT Crowd.

I'm not looking for sitcoms like The Likely Lads for instance, although I do like it reasonably well. Or The Inbetweeners, for that matter. Looking for more sitcoms on the laugh out loud side. If you know what I mean.

The Mighty Boosh? Spaced?

Quote: shaggy292 @ June 28 2013, 7:14 AM BST

Was going to suggest those. Also you might like Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. It doesn't have a laugh track and not sure it's technically a sitcom, but features actors from some of the shows you said you like.

Quote: shaggy292 @ June 28 2013, 7:14 AM BST

Oh god, how could I miss Spaced? My memory is terrible. That's one of my all time favourites, if not the all time favourite. Edgar Wright makes exactly my kind of shows/films.

Boosh's very good too. Got a bit boring towards the end, but some were really good. Old Greg Laughing out loud

And Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, seen it, love it Cool Didn't list it because I had the same doubt re: it being not a sitcom.

It's not a sitcom, but have you tried Snuff Box? Or the recent Sky series Psychobitches?

Up The Women?

If you're interested in investigating radio, Bleak Expectations and Cabin Pressure both have wonderful silly streaks.

If you can find Linehan and Mathews' Paris, that should entertain, too.

Have you tried The League of Gentlemen?

Have you tried Mrs Brown's Boys or Miranda?

Quote: Aaron @ June 28 2013, 12:41 PM BST

It's not a sitcom, but have you tried Snuff Box? Or the recent Sky series Psychobitches?

Up The Women?

If you're interested in investigating radio, Bleak Expectations and Cabin Pressure both have wonderful silly streaks.

If you can find Linehan and Mathews' Paris, that should entertain, too.

Snuff Box is more of a sketch show right? Liked it alright, didn't love it. Some sketches were good :)

Psychobitches, no. I want to, but no dice :( Up the Woman, liked it.

Oh, I love Bottom too, FTR. Surprised no one's mentioned it yet.

PS: Love sketch shows too, not that I mind sketch show recommendations :)

Quote: zooo @ June 28 2013, 12:56 PM BST

Have you tried The League of Gentlemen?

No, I've been meaning to try it out. Thanks for reminding :)

Quote: G180e @ June 28 2013, 3:09 PM BST

Have you tried Mrs Brown's Boys or Miranda?

Mrs Brown's Boys - no. I will, thanks. Miranda - well, I'm not a fan personally. Don't find it awful like many, but not really into it either.

Try Citizen Khan that's really funny.

Quote: David Smith @ June 28 2013, 4:40 PM BST

Try Citizen Khan that's really funny.

IMDB has 5.3 rating, that'd really put me off. Not that I consider IMDB to be a great authority, but more often that not, I don't like anything <6 on IMDB.

I did like quite a few sketches from GGM, so probably will give it a shot.

How about The Green Green Grass? That was good.

Given your other likes, Maurice, I'd be surprised if you liked Citizen Khan.

@David Thanks again.
@Aaron, yeah that's what I thought. Maybe should start with League of Gentlement then - has Gatiss and laugh track, at the very least :)

Keep em coming guys! TY!

Fun At The Funeral Parlour: Trust me on this one. With some of the shows you listed as your favourites you should love this one.

How about The Fast Show?