Cofilmic Sketch Writing Competition Page 7

Quote: David Bussell @ October 27 2011, 7:41 AM BST

I just got word that the sketch I sent is a wild card, whatever that means.

I think that means it didn't make the final four but goes into a box where one script will be pulled out at random on the night and performed ad hoc...

Quote: RedZed333 @ October 27 2011, 8:17 AM BST

I think that means it didn't make the final four but goes into a box where one script will be pulled out at random on the night and performed ad hoc...

So I guess what you're saying is, I'm the real CoFilmic winner?

Co filmic?

Damn I heard cock-filmic

I sent them a half hour video of assorted willies

Co filmic?

Damn I heard cock-filmic

I sent them a half hour video of assorted willies

I am afraid your work has not been shortlisted for the competition.  Thank you so much for your entry, we had 364 submissions with a shortlist of 8, so the competition was tough.

See, I told you it was a shit contest...

Redzed you keep calling it a shit contest, did you email them a poo in a box?

Just got my rejection they seem to be writing to everyone personally which is nice.

The rejection doesn't seem to hurt anymore.

Should have sent more than one sketch though, I suppose.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ October 27 2011, 9:13 AM BST

The rejection doesn't seem to hurt anymore.

Should have sent more than one sketch though, I suppose.

I don't know, three rejections might have crossed your pain threshold.

Three rejections? Pah! I get that every day*!

(* from the wife)

Dan

Quote: David Bussell @ October 27 2011, 9:35 AM BST

I don't know, three rejections might have crossed your pain threshold.

That reminds me, them bastards owe me two more rejections...!

Got my rejection this morning--timedated at an ungodly hour--they must have worked through the night, so fair play to them.

And well done Bussell--there were around 360 submissions and only 8 made the shortlist if I remember correctly. Break a leg in the final Bussell!

Quote: sootyj @ October 27 2011, 9:07 AM BST

Redzed you keep calling it a shit contest, did you email them a poo in a box?

S.A.E, that shit'll take some licking...

Thanks, Evan. I just found out this is taking place in some area outside of London called "Manchester" though, so I won't be attending in person. In any case, given the bombastic, incendiary nature of my comedy I wouldn't trust the building not to collapse under the pressure, killing all inside like some sort of laughter nuke.

Manchester, eh? After my recent humiliation in the Sitcom Trials there and now this, Manchester is fast becoming a Wil Wheaton to my Sheldon Cooper.

Rejection here too. It reminds me of the time I got rejected all those other times. Well done Dave Bussell. Looks like he's flying the BCG flag.

Quote: Otterfox @ October 27 2011, 11:12 AM BST

Rejection here too. It reminds me of the time I got rejected all those other times. Well done Dave Bussell. Looks like he's flying the BCG flag.

There's only a one-in-three chance my sketch will be drawn from the hat, so hopefully another BCGer will step up to the plate with a sketch that made the final 8.