Cofilmic Sketch Writing Competition

http://www.cofilmic.co.uk/2011/09/cofilmic-sketch-writing-competition/

Panel includes:

Kevin Cecil and Andy Riley - the writing team behind shows such as Little Britain, The Armando Iannucci Show and BAFTA award winning Black Books
Pete Thornton, Commissioning Editor, Comedy Central
Steve Bennett, Editor, Chortle
Micheal Jacob, script editor for shows such as Birds Of A Feather and exectuive producer of Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps

Sounds good.

Thanks!

Hmm, this looks interesting.

I've entered a sketch. It's the old waiting game now.

I love the audience vote so bring your friends along concept. That idea could really catch on :)

I think that only applies to the "wild card" entry. The rest are judged by the panel mentioned above.

Do you know what format we need to use Evan?

I used celtx's screenplay format. I just have to hope they're not format nazis, but I don't think they mentioned a particular format so anything that's clear should be good enough.

Cheers for posting this.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ September 29 2011, 9:56 AM BST

Do you know what format we need to use Evan?

Just send your word document to scripts@cofilmic.co.uk (.doc)

I imagined Shandonbelle was talking about the format of the writing (stageplay, screenplay etc), rather than the format of the document (word, pdf) as the latter information is clearly given on the instructions page.

But that's just me. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I'm a giving person. Unless we're talking about giving things up. Don't tend to do so much of that. Not since the cookie crisis of 2007.

I assume there's a limit of one sketch per entrant? This bit certainly seems to suggest so:

Just send your word document to scripts@cofilmic.co.uk

Quote: evan rubivellian @ September 29 2011, 3:23 PM BST

I imagined Shandonbelle was talking about the format of the writing (stageplay, screenplay etc), rather than the format of the document (word, pdf) as the latter information is clearly given on the instructions page.

But that's just me. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I'm a giving person. Unless we're talking about giving things up. Don't tend to do so much of that. Not since the cookie crisis of 2007.

Well, it still applies. Don't use Celtx. Use MS Word or as I'm going to do, use Google Docs. It works very well, IMO. I'm guessing the universal use of .doc makes it easy for them to edit the script together and not having to worry about formatting issues as much.

I emailed them to ask if there was a limit and they said no just send your best ones

Thanks Evan, only trouble is, when I use Celtx, It only allows the screenplay to convert to PDF, not word as Cofilmic requested, that's what I was wondering about. I'm new to Celtx so am I missing some info?