Cofilmic Sketch Writing Competition Page 9

Quote: Ponderer @ October 28 2011, 4:55 PM BST

One of mine managed to scrape into the final 8 somehow. I am hoping to make it to Manchestingtonshire to see it bomb if I can escape from a work meeting at a reasonable hour. This week I finally got something on Newsjack too, so I think I can now officially announce that I have peaked and am officially on the downward trajectory.

Anyone else going?

Amazing well done.

(Once more Sootyj trudges off to the cellar of ultimate envy)

Quote: sootyj @ October 28 2011, 5:08 PM BST

Amazing well done.

(Once more Sootyj trudges off to the cellar of ultimate envy)

Get us a bottle of red while you're down there.

You know all the vintages are soured and bitter?

Quote: Ponderer @ October 28 2011, 4:55 PM BST

One of mine managed to scrape into the final 8 somehow. I am hoping to make it to Manchestingtonshire to see it bomb if I can escape from a work meeting at a reasonable hour. This week I finally got something on Newsjack too, so I think I can now officially announce that I have peaked and am officially on the downward trajectory.

Anyone else going?

Do let me know if my sketch gets staged. I forget what it's about, I just copied and pasted one of Steve's from Critique.

Well done, Ponderer! It's sort of like everyone here at BCG getting in, isn't it? Well, isn't it?

Well done, Ponderer, knock 'em dead...

Thanks all. You might have been a bit less amazed though Sooty. If I make it I'll look out for the random Bussell/Sunshine sketch in a bucket.

I'll happily put it up for critique after the event, it's a classic so some may have seen it afore.

I also used many words taken directly from critique so it is truly a BCG Collective project.

Well done, sir.

Excellent. Well done Ponderer. Look forward to seeing some of the sketches and working out where I went wrong :)

Thanks Lazzard and Isshy, althou8gh I'm sure there are few insights to be gained from reading ones that got through; it's always so personal. Unfortunately it looks increasingly like I shall not be able to make the show, which is annoying.

Managed to make it along to this which was a nice event and well run. Didn't win it (a rather nice sketch about a non-lookalike agency did) but enjoyed all of it nontheless. I shall try to make the whle event next time as it looks like a good netwroking opportunity.

The main news here is that Mr Bussell's sketch was indded drawn from a bucket and performed. It went well, but then any sketch with a punchline of "Someone's shit in our bath" is bound to do well.

Quote: Ponderer @ November 1 2011, 12:56 PM BST

Managed to make it along to this which was a nice event and well run. Didn't win it (a rather nice sketch about a non-lookalike agency did) but enjoyed all of it nontheless. I shall try to make the whle event next time as it looks like a good netwroking opportunity.

The main news here is that Mr Bussell's sketch was indded drawn from a bucket and performed. It went well, but then any sketch with a punchline of "Someone's shit in our bath" is bound to do well.

Oh, that's a bit of luck on my part! Thanks for reporting back on that, Ponderer. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Hey you 2 milkshakes post the damn sketches up already!

Is that last line of your sketch grammatically correct DB? Should it not have an A rather than an I, or a question mark??

I think we need to know.

And well done all round.

Here's the wild card sketch for all you grammarpusses and smack talkers...

'DRAMNESIA'
By David Bussell

INT. KITCHEN - DAY

TOM IS SAT DRINKING FROM A COFFEE MUG WEARING A DRESSING GOWN AND LOOKING WORSE FOR WEAR. AMY SHUFFLES IN RUBBING HER TEMPLES; ALSO IN A DRESSING GOWN.

AMY:
(APOLOGETIC) Hi.

TOM:
Hey.

AMY:
Big night...

TOM:
Tell me about it.

AN AWKWARD SILENCE, THEN-

AMY:
I'm really sorry about this but... um... I don't remember your-

TOM:
-it's Tom.

AMY:
Tom, yeah! I'm Amy by the way.

TOM:
Right. Amy. Sorry.

THEY SHAKE HANDS. ANOTHER PREGNANT PAUSE, THEN-

TOM (CONT):
Big night.

AMY:
I swear I am never drinking again.

TOM:
I feel like someone stuck an axe in my head. (BEAT) Have you got any Paracetamol?

AMY:
Um, let me just have a look...

SHE HAS A DIG AROUND.

AMY (CONT):
...wait... isn't this... your house?

TOM:
That's right! God, where is my brain at?

AMY:
I know! I mean how much did we drink last night?

SCOTT, A YOUNG MAN, ENTERS CHIRPILY.

SCOTT:
Hi, Mum. Hi, Dad.

TOM AND AMY LOOK AT EACH OTHER, OPEN-MOUTHED.

SCOTT:
Someone took a big shit in the bath.

END SKETCH