Cofilmic Sketch Writing Competition Page 2

Quote: blahblah @ September 29 2011, 4:59 PM BST

I emailed them to ask if there was a limit and they said no just send your best ones

No limit? In that case, I'll submit every sketch I've ever written. :D

Quote: groovydude89 @ September 29 2011, 3:42 PM BST

I assume there's a limit of one sketch per entrant? This bit certainly seems to suggest so:

I saw something on the Twitter wire saying no limits to how many, best double check though.

Quote: Leevil @ September 29 2011, 4:52 PM BST

Well, it still applies. Don't use Celtx. Use MS Word or as I'm going to do, use Google Docs. It works very well, IMO. I'm guessing the universal use of .doc makes it easy for them to edit the script together and not having to worry about formatting issues as much.

Huh? What's this got to do with not using Celtx?

Quote: Shandonbelle @ September 29 2011, 5:01 PM BST

Thanks Evan, only trouble is, when I use Celtx, It only allows the screenplay to convert to PDF, not word as Cofilmic requested, that's what I was wondering about. I'm new to Celtx so am I missing some info?

Shandonbelle: In Celtx, if you go to Script>Export Script you'll have the option to export to a text file, which can be opened by Word. Once you've opened the text file within Word just click on save as a Word doc and there you go. Celtx is great.

Quote: evan rubivellian @ September 29 2011, 5:05 PM BST

Huh? What's this got to do with not using Celtx?

Celtx can't export word documents. Google Documents can. A brief thought on why many places only accept the .doc format. But it can be disregarded as you have now explained how to turn a .txt file into a .doc file.

:)

As a comedian, I make a great technical writer.

Weyhey... that's great , thanks Evan.

The other great thing about Celtx is that I can instantly convert from a screenplay format into a stageplay format at the touch of a button. In fact, I think I entered this competition with the stageplay version of my script.

Plus, Celtx keeps all the files associated with the script, outlines, different versions, etc... in the same place.

Anyway, that's enough from my sponsor.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I've been a fan of Celtx for years. It's just that it's more tailored to the American market than the British one.

Done what Evan said and it worked a treat :)

Happy to help!

when they say word docs does that include .docx? Bit of a pain coverting docx to doc if not

Can't you just 'Save As...' and select .doc from the drop-down list?

Dan

Underestimating my laziness - but yeah that simpiler than converting them later

have you chaps bundled all your sketches into one doc or into separate ones for each sketch?

You have to send them individually...

I don't know how many sketches they have received but my submission number was 10111125...!