Comedians people on the BCG hate Page 8

Quote: Aaron @ January 25 2010, 5:05 PM GMT

Mock The Week is a panel show, first and foremost. The Thick Of It could be classed as satire, but you wouldn't expect to see it anywhere other than a sitcom category, would you? So that leaves something in the region of 3 or 4 candidates. With Beyond A Joke, the various shows over Christmas, and the Radio 2 Comedy Greats series, we've more justification for a 'Best Comedy Documentary' award.

I think a good idea would be a "Miscellany" or "Best/Worst of the Rest" award, which would include all of the comedies that don't fit into the other categories, such as stand-up, comedy drama, documentaries etc.

Lee Hurst annoys me. That thing where he smashed the punter's mobile for filming him was a ridiculous over-reaction in my opinion. His argument in court was that the punter "Might've been stealing my jokes to sell on to comedy shows on TV".

So by that argument he should also smash everyone's brains in too, just in case they accidentally remember any of his material, which they could then potentially sell on. Rolling eyes

Didn't the guy turn out to be just texting someone anyway?

Comedians I hate, hmm let me think - Roy Chubby Brown, Jim Davidson, Bernard Manning, Vic Reeves, Roy Chubby Brown, that Geordie Noble, Rob Rouse, Roy Chubby Brown, Jethro, Lee Evans, Chris Rock, Vic Reeves, Roy Chubby Brown .. think I am going round in circles now :-)

Joan Rivers.

Quote: Aaron @ January 25 2010, 9:11 PM GMT

Didn't the guy turn out to be just texting someone anyway?

That was what he said, but regardless of what he was doing - massive over-reaction by Hurst. He said afterwards that comedians should be protected in the same way that movies are at the cinema.

Please.

Marcus Brigstocke.

I like most people... but I don't like Noel Fielding.

Quote: Mark @ January 26 2010, 12:28 AM GMT

I like most people... but I don't like Noel Fielding.

:O

I haven't posted in this thread. I don't hate any comedians and I don't think any of you lot should either. They are only trying to make us laugh. It's not like they're trying to bum us or anything.

So we don't always laugh. Their intent was good.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 26 2010, 12:42 AM GMT

:O

I haven't posted in this thread. I don't hate any comedians and I don't think any of you lot should either. They are only trying to make us laugh. It's not like they're trying to bum us or anything.

So we don't always laugh. Their intent was good.

Are you feeling ok Godot?

Did anyone mention Alan Davies yet?

Carrot Top and Andrew Dice Clay.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ January 26 2010, 10:54 AM GMT

Did anyone mention Alan Davies yet?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 20 2006, 7:22 PM GMT

Sorry I'm late with this, but I only found this out yesterday.

Comedy Tumbleweed Awards. Tumbleweed's are given to the worst comedy acts, dishonouring the worst that comedy has to offer.

Alan Davies won "Most Useless Talk/Panel Show Guest".

I would like my vote to go to Graham Norton. I feel he deserves it for being gay (I mean whoever met a nice gay person? Except my cousin Frank. He's ok in a gayish sort of way) and for being about as funny as a Baghdad funeral cortege attended by eighteen suicide bombers.