Comedians people on the BCG hate Page 6

Quote: AngieBaby @ January 24 2010, 9:05 PM GMT

If you held a gun at my head and I *had* to watch one of them I would probablly choose Jim Davidson.

Over Stewart Lee?! Sweet Holy Jesus!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 24 2010, 10:07 PM GMT

Yes, I like Stewart Lee too but I wouldn't say he was "Sweet Holy Jesus" (that's for other people to say...oh ho ho ho)

See what I did there?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 24 2010, 10:07 PM GMT

I've got to come clean, I really don't like Stewart Lee. I know that makes me a comedy cretin, but I can't stand the way he overdoes things.

Repeating the same word over and over again. I don't find it funny. I think it's just lazy, and he's wasting 10 minutes of his 30 minute set saying the same thing again and again. If I said the same thing over and over again, you'd get me committed, but Stewart is a comedy 'genius'.

Whilst I'm here, I don't rate Paul Foot either. The landlady set is labourious, over done, and not really that funny.

I don't understand why making the audience uncomfortable, wrigging with boredom, whilst you feed your massive ego is such a revered skill.

Please enlighten me.

Freddy Starr.

Quote: AngieBaby @ January 24 2010, 10:25 PM GMT

Repeating the same word over and over again. I don't find it funny. I think it's just lazy, and he's wasting 10 minutes of his 30 minute set saying the same thing again and again.

I'm a huge fan of Stewart Lee, and this annoys the piss out of me as well.

I'm going to see him next month and if he does anything approaching the annoyingness of that "rappers" bit from the Vehicle I'll have him killed.

I don't understand why making the audience uncomfortable, wrigging with boredom, whilst you feed your massive ego is such a revered skill.

Please enlighten me.

*Shrugs* If you don't like him, you don't like him, I don't suppose there's anything to be enlightened about. Different tastes and all that jazz. :)

Al Murray; I've never found that Pub Landlord act funny. Again, I don't hate him, he hasn't punched my Mum or anything, I've just yet to find that hugely popular character funny.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 24 2010, 10:33 PM GMT

I'm a huge fan of Stewart Lee, and this annoys the piss out of me as well.

I'm going to see him next month and if he does anything approaching the annoyingness of that "rappers" bit from the Vehicle I'll have him killed.

One of his stand up shows is on comedy central quite alot, not sure if you've seen it, where he rubs the microphone making a loud, annoying scraping sound for about 5 minutes, the audience laugh nervously but I'd be pretty peeved if I had paid to see/hear that.

I've got to come clean, I really don't like Stewart Lee. I know that makes me a comedy cretin, but I can't stand the way he overdoes things.

Repeating the same word over and over again. I don't find it funny. I think it's just lazy,
Please enlighten me.

Well you've seen him on the TV, doing that kind of comedy rap thing on the TV, he says a phrase and then he repeats it on the TV, you've seen it, it's like they do it with music on the mtv, you've seen it, it's like money for nothing and the laughs are free. You've seen it... but he notices it, and he writes it and he performs it . You've seen it!

Quote: sglen @ January 24 2010, 9:54 PM GMT

Justin Lee Collins.

He's so far off my comedy radar that I barely register his existence, nevermind being able to sum up the rage to actually hate him.

I can understand the Tim Minchin hate, he's like an unfunny Bill Bailey.

Marc P,

I'd love to give you a smilie for that reply, but that routine winds me up so much I can't.....

ps I'm loving the new avatar. You been on the Botox?

IS it Cotter?

Yeah, it's weirding me out too.

I can handle Marc's piercing insight, but when it's coupled with James' cheeky chops I find it hard to compute.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 24 2010, 11:22 PM GMT

He's so far off my comedy radar that I barely register his existence, nevermind being able to sum up the rage to actually hate him.

I was more thinking of stand up comedians on this thread, but I suppose that it can include any comedy performers.

I don't hate Steven Mangan particularly, but he does put me off any show that I see him in, apart from when he was Dan in Alan Partridge.

Quote: AngieBaby @ January 24 2010, 11:33 PM GMT

I can handle Marc's piercing insight, but when it's coupled with James' cheeky chops I find it hard to compute.

Oh, Cotter's the avatar as well? ;)

Quote: AngieBaby @ January 24 2010, 11:33 PM GMT

Laughing out loud