Comedians people on the BCG hate Page 2

Jim Davidson
Stewart Lee
Tim Minchin

Dislike Ed Bryne and Phil Jupitus increasingly.

Quote: chipolata @ January 24 2010, 11:57 AM GMT

Even Davidson does a lot for the troops. Far more than, say, Jeremy Hardy.

Couldn't he just walk through a minefield or something?

Oh and 2 Morrace Montage's my life is even more complete!

Walliams! *shakes fist*

Here are the comedians I dislike, again hate is a strong word and brings a lot of emotional baggage and effort. Soooo...

I dislike the following -

Michael McIntyre - bland, weak and safe material delivered by a man who laughs at his own jokes. His act mainly appeals to lower middle class simpletons who find high voices and floppy hair to be the highest forms of comedy.

Victoria Wood - still thinks we live in 1979, still thinks musical numbers are cool, still thinks her sub-par Alan Bennett-esque observations about Northern working class people are funny. Old fashioned, irrelevent and tedious.

Russell Howard (aka Blinky McMupptface) - piss poor material involving made up stories about his family life and growing up in Bristol. Talks on a level a 13 year old can understand, mainly because his comedy intellect and sophistication are stuck at that age. Yells stuff out at Mock The Week like some ADD child with Tourettes, that the other comics ignore and the audience sympathy laughs at.

Jack Whitehall - someone who always talks as if he's going to say something funny, but never does. A perrenial third wheel on every panel show he appears on. Just a waste of space generally.

Shappi Iranian Woman - sub-par Omid Dijali who makes constant jokes about her racist Mother-in-Law. Bores me to tears but apparently gets to be on Question Time 'cuz she iz a bit foreigns ya know'. So dull, uninspiring and unfunny, that even thinking about her makes me sleepy.

Jason Manford - there are many comics who trade on their Northern working class roots but only a few (like Lee Mack) can do it justice. Very predictable and obvious jokes that are instantly forgettable. Delivery is somewhat annoying, just can't do outraged properly which also weakens his material.

Patrick Kielty - unlike the other comics listed above, actually has good material but his delivery style leaves me cold. Can only listen to him for a couple of minutes before my ears start bleeding.

Catherine Tate - I've never seen someone so proudly ignorant after everyone and everything. Her catchphrase based material with funny wigs and swearing just isn't funny in my eyes. Poor.

Fairly predictable response from me - Skinner.

I struggle with Lee Mack. I don't hate him, though.

What I hate is people who hate comedians because they are popular.

McIntyre is a funny guy, his material is funny.

But so is Stewart Lee's. Worlds apart but you can like both.

I do dislike Lenny Henry as a standup also that Sheppi. Patrick Kielty is annoying.

EDIT:

DAVID WALLIAMS! EVen more!

It's Shappi!

She's not a Blue Peter dog.

Quote: Scottidog @ January 24 2010, 1:16 PM GMT

What I hate is people who hate comedians because they are popular.

McIntyre is a funny guy, his material is funny.

I don't dislike McIntyre because he is popular and I dislike him because of his material and the kind of audience he panders too.

Please remember that my observations are based on the strength of material, rather then the 'Who's your least favourite member of Take That?' style of reasoning which usually ensues in this type of discussion.

Quote: zooo @ January 24 2010, 1:17 PM GMT

It's Shappi!

She's not a Blue Peter dog.

The dog's funny.

Quote: zooo @ January 24 2010, 1:17 PM GMT

It's Shappi!

Shappi, Shalpi, Shi'ite. I'm not fussed, she am rubbish. And before I'm accused of racism, the only reason she's on telly is because of her so called 'ethnicity'.

It is truly ironic that her act is based upon insidious racism in the UK, when she has been rushed to the head of the queue because of her background.

I find her quite funny akshully.

She was on this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00qby30/Nerdstock_9_Lessons_and_Carols_for_Godless_People/

and reasonably amusing. Small dose, though.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 24 2010, 12:45 PM GMT

Michael McIntyre - bland, weak and safe material delivered by a man who laughs at his own jokes. His act mainly appeals to lower middle class simpletons who find high voices and floppy hair to be the highest forms of comedy.

Some friends recently told me Michael McIntyre was all the rage theseadays. I'd never heard of him. I YouTubed some of his material and was not at all amused. And I'm a low class simpleton.

I quite like Shappi too. Of course her ethnicity has helped her career no end, and she hasn't got a massive rang, but she has an engaging personality.