Comedians people on the BCG hate Page 4

That is slanderous. And/or libellous.

:D

I'm not crazy about Graham Norton. His show airs over hear on BBC America and I can only handle about 1/2 an episode at a time.

I spent most of the "9 carols" show saying "f**k off Shappi" whenever she came on screen. (It was funny the first time). Had to take it back once she came on though. I don't usually find her funny but I thought what she did on that show was quite good. Seeing as I was determined to hate her, it's quite impressive that she managed to change my mind.

Comedians I hate: the obvious Peter Kay and Michael McIntyre (I didn't like any of Peter Kay's TV shows either I'm afraid). Also Jack Whitehall, the Nigerian woman who's name I consistently forget (you know the one, all the material's about being from a Nigerian family...), and Ricky Gervais (didn't like The Office either. I know I'm alone).

Oh yeah...David FUCKING Walliams. I'm glad he seems to be hated here too.

Gina Yashere?

She's okay.

Quote: zooo @ January 24 2010, 3:50 PM GMT

Gina Yashere?

She's okay.

Yes! I can't hold that name in my mind at all.

I don't quite hate her (it really is quite a strong word) but I find her boring.

Ah. She does talk about the Nigerian thing a lot I suppose.

Russell Brand.

Quote: zooo @ January 24 2010, 3:50 PM GMT

Gina Yashere?

She's okay.

I don't in any way hate her, but I don't find her schtick funny.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 24 2010, 4:02 PM GMT

Russell Brand.

Brand isn't particuarly at good stand-up, as his pre-prepared material just ain't particuarly great. He is, or should I say was, very, very good on Radio 2. Exceptionally quick witted, articualte, intellegent and able to grasp references from L.A gang wars to Alan Bennett prose. I think he thrives in the audio medium, as visually he doesn't fit stand-up conventions (man in a tight-fitting suit or a charity shop indie type).

Quote: Dusty Substance @ January 24 2010, 4:09 PM GMT

Brand isn't particuarly at good stand-up, as his pre-prepared material just ain't particuarly great. He is, or should I say was, very, very good on Radio 2. Exceptionally quick witted, articualte, intellegent and able to grasp references from L.A gang wars to Alan Bennett prose. I think he thrives in the audio medium, as visually he doesn't fit stand-up conventions (man in a tight-fitting suit or a charity shop indie type).

He may well be, but I mention him because of his actions which lead to him and Jonathan Ross creating a climate of fear amongst TV executives, keen not to offend anyone.

One that's niggled me recently is John Bishop. I'd never heard of the bloke, but then he popped up on Live At The Apollo, doing pretty bland stuff, and is apparently pretty popular. Again, don't hate him, just don't find what I've seen of him in the least bit funny.

Quote: zooo @ January 24 2010, 3:56 PM GMT

Ah. She does talk about the Nigerian thing a lot I suppose.

Which is never particuarly great. I find that most comedians whose main source of material comes from their disability, or skin-colour, or social hinderence, or sexuality, aren't as good as those that don't. I have far more respect for a comedian who never references the "obvious".

Although I've not seen a huge amount of his material, does Daniel Kitson make reference to his stutter. And I had heard a lot of Adam Hills on Radio 4, podcasts, panel shows and YouTube etc. before he ever mentioned his missing right foot. A lesser comedian would've worked that into a the act from the start.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 24 2010, 4:11 PM GMT

He may well be, but I mention him because of his actions which lead to him and Jonathan Ross creating a climate of fear amongst TV executives, keen not to offend anyone.

Surely not his fault though. It definitely was not the first swear word to be uttered on his show (even on the Sunday morning 6Music days, an eff-bomb was dropped by Neil Strauss). Blame the producer who allowed the pre-recorded content to go out.

Quote: Dusty Substance @ January 24 2010, 4:17 PM GMT

Although I've not seen a huge amount of his material, does Daniel Kitson make reference to his stutter. And I had heard a lot of Adam Hills on Radio 4, podcasts, panel shows and YouTube etc. before he ever mentioned his missing right foot. A lesser comedian would've worked that into a the act from the start.

Surely not his fault though. It definitely was not the first swear word to be uttered on his show (even on the Sunday morning 6Music days, an eff-bomb was dropped by Neil Strauss). Blame the producer who allowed the pre-recorded content to go out.

Kitson does make references to his stutter.

Perhaps it was more the fault of the producer, but then again it was Brand who did the dirty deed.

An obvious one I know, but that absolute cretin Andy Parsons is about as funny as cot death. He has an incredibly punchable face to boot.