Comedians people on the BCG hate Page 12

Quote: AngieBaby @ January 29 2010, 1:16 PM GMT

For the last time David. We are NOT interested in a threesome!

Why you gotta be such prudes?

Individual twosomes, yes. But not a threesome.

Dan

Lee Evans and Tim Vine for me. Vine's jokes are just all to tame, like the ones you find in Christmas crackers and Evans seems to me like a kid trying desperatly to be funny so he reverts to facial expressions and shouting. Those are the only two I'd say I probably hate.

Hate is certainly too strong a word, but I find these comedians dreadfully overrated:

John Gordillo - seen him twice now in Edinburgh after rave reviews, both times been horrifically underwhelmed. The one last year, although admittedly in 'preview' week, was genuinely the most excruciating and downright unfunny performance I have ever seen. Seems like a nice chap though!

Shappi Khorsandi - total one-trick pony, and only has about 1 hour's worth of material that she trawls out in her countless prime-time TV appearances. Saw her heckled once for just that reason, only for her to claim that the guy was racist. Hmm.

Jack Whitehall - he's just a weasel faced twat. After chatting to him once in a bar, I suspect he may also be a Tory voter.

On the Rob Deering front, I find him quite likeable. Yeah, he's one of those faces and isn't the funniest guy on earth, but deep down he seems like a decent sort.

I like Shappi. She might not be the most material-rich comedian, but she's certainly not alone in that.

She's been pretty good on HIGNFY hasn't she?

But she seems trapped in the jolly, is life fun kind of comedy that I dislike. No edge all experiential.

Quote: chipolata @ May 30 2010, 1:40 PM BST

I like Shappi. She might not be the most material-rich comedian, but she's certainly not alone in that.

What you saying Chip? That all Asian comedians have a limited repertoire?

Racist.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 30 2010, 1:43 PM BST

Racist.

The one's played by white actors in brown makeup seem to do ok

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 30 2010, 1:43 PM BST

I'm struggling to think of another Asian comedian!

Tim's friend the doctor!

Although, who counts as Asian anyway. Different people mean different things by the term Asian.

Quote: chipolata @ May 30 2010, 4:23 PM BST

I'm struggling to think of another Asian comedian!

The girls off Goodness Gracious Me?

Quote: Leevil @ May 30 2010, 4:53 PM BST

The girls off Goodness Gracious Me?

I'd think of them more as comic actors/writers, unles they used to do stand up?

Shazia Mirza's a pretty funny stand up.

Actually, Shappi's of Iranian descent, just like Omid Djalili. I'm not sure that falls into "Asian".

Oh my, did I judge poor Shappi based on her skin colour in my previous comment? I think I did.

I guess it is I who is the racist.

Quote: zooo @ May 30 2010, 5:32 PM BST

Shazia Mirza's a pretty funny stand up.

She's okay, but I wouldn't go out of my way to catch her set. Miles ahead of Shappi though.

If we're going down the minority comedian route, may I suggest Paul Sinha - not only is he genuinely funny and of Asian descent, he's openly gay! Triple play.