Comedians people on the BCG hate Page 15

Quote: robert aitken @ July 8 2010, 8:01 PM BST

but I find chris addison very disappointing. his material is weak, and he puts on a kind of semi-arrogant blokey swagger that sits uncomfortably with his weedy, nerdy appearance.

:)

Hi Robert, welcome to the site. Please do try to use capitals in future posts! Thanks.

Quote: robert aitken @ July 8 2010, 8:01 PM BST

He might not be as bad as some of the folks mentioned here, but I find Chris Addison very disappointing. His material is weak, and he puts on a kind of semi-arrogant blokey swagger that sits uncomfortably with his weedy, nerdy appearance.

And that radio show he does on 5 Live is desperately poor, no matter who is guesting.

Yes I agree with him too, he's another one who's just put on a colourful shirt and frizzed his regulation comedy length hair (girlishly long) to look like how a top stand up should look like. And he prances around like a prat, like most of them do now. He just forgot about one little thing, decent sodding material.

Punt and Dennis are a likeable enough but deserve a mention for their awful Now Show on Radio 4 with feeble jokes and sketches that made the News Huddlines look cutting edge.

As a complete newby to this forum I'm very surprised at the outpouring of rage against so many comedians on here, that said here's mine : :D

Anyone who shouts their material at you so loud that you have to pretty much do a nervous laugh or leave. I've tried writing some stand up type tales, some one liners and some sketches and end up completely talking myself out of submitting any of them due to self doubt, so it astounds me sometimes at the bilge that (sometimes) makes it onto telly.

Actually I can't say that I "hate" any of them, they're just not my cup of tea, anyway.....

I started of liking Russell Howard on MTW but then I went to see him live and was really disappointed.

I really wanted to like Stewart Lee (mainly so I could seem one of the "in crowd") but the sheer repetition grinds you into submission.

Peter Kay was a very amusing and fresh talent 10 years ago, but you can see from "Road to Nowhere" that the best writing in "Phoenix Nights" was done by others like Fitzmaurice and Spikey.

Patrick Kielty winds me up for some reason that I can't seem to put my finger on.

Conversely, after initially not really liking Ed Byrne, I find myself warming to him, possibly because he just seems like a decent chap rather than being side splittingly funny.

I've just thought - If anyone on here makes it to the big time in comedy this thread is going to come back and bite them in the cheeks so shhhhh, don't tell.

Quote: davegiz @ July 14 2010, 2:52 PM BST

As a complete newby to this forum I'm very surprised at the outpouring of rage against so many comedians on here, that said here's mine : :D

Anyone who shouts their material at you so loud that you have to pretty much do a nervous laugh or leave. I've tried writing some stand up type tales, some one liners and some sketches and end up completely talking myself out of submitting any of them due to self doubt, so it astounds me sometimes at the bilge that (sometimes) makes it onto telly.

Actually I can't say that I "hate" any of them, they're just not my cup of tea, anyway.....

I started of liking Russell Howard on MTW but then I went to see him live and was really disappointed.

I really wanted to like Stewart Lee (mainly so I could seem one of the "in crowd") but the sheer repetition grinds you into submission.

Peter Kay was a very amusing and fresh talent 10 years ago, but you can see from "Road to Nowhere" that the best writing in "Phoenix Nights" was done by others like Fitzmaurice and Spikey.

Patrick Kielty winds me up for some reason that I can't seem to put my finger on.

Conversely, after initially not really liking Ed Byrne, I find myself warming to him, possibly because he just seems like a decent chap rather than being side splittingly funny.

I've just thought - If anyone on here makes it to the big time in comedy this thread is going to come back and bite them in the cheeks so shhhhh, don't tell.

och. The sheer repetition is meant to grind you down. And it is a beautiful thing to be part of, to be ground down by mister lee is my favourite comedy THING.

If you make it comedy bigtime I will bite off my own bum-cheek.

I don't "hate" any comedians (well perhaps one but that's because he "stole" my then girlfriend and I don't really hate him any more as I now realise he actually did me a favour by taking the b***h off my hands) but I have to be honest and say that I really don't get the hero worship of Stewart Lee.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ July 15 2010, 10:23 AM BST

I have to be honest and say that I really don't get the hero worship of Stewart Lee.

Aaron will be along in a moment to give you a big wet kiss.

Quote: robert aitken @ July 14 2010, 11:22 PM BST

Not for 1 minute did I suggest that I would, I said "anyone on here". Being a written reply I'm not sure if you were having some sort of dig at me for some reason. Eh?

Quote: robert aitken @ July 14 2010, 11:22 PM BST

There's no need for personal insults, robert.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 15 2010, 10:24 AM BST

Aaron will be along in a moment to give you a big wet kiss.

We sane people only engage in manly, English handshakes.

Just what is it about Patrick Kielty that is so anoying? Hi sis but why its very hard to point to exactly what. Smarmy?

I'm not annoyed by him at all, so I'd be interested to hear too.
Jimmy Carr also does not annoy me.

Maybe he looks too young, and so suffers from Russell Howard syndrome? Generally we seem to want our comedians to look like they're over 35 for some reason.

I would say Patrick Kielty looks a good 35 but I don't find that makes him the least bit funny. He has that Butlin's Redcoat/local radio DJ air about him, that makes him a bit smackable.

I think people just like their comedians a bit glum. And funny.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ July 8 2010, 8:48 PM BST

Yes I agree with him too, he's another one who's just put on a colourful shirt and frizzed his regulation comedy length hair (girlishly long) to look like how a top stand up should look like. And he prances around like a prat, like most of them do now. He just forgot about one little thing, decent sodding material.

I quite like his Civilization radio show. Alfred possibly may have an issue with comics being too young; but then he regards anyone not sporting a short-back-and-sides and a crease in their trousers, as "a bit trendy", and possibly as a symptom of moral decay.