Newsjack - Series 2 Page 23

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ January 18 2010, 12:02 PM GMT

Yes, you should be receiving an auto-reply. The address is definitely 'newsjack@bbc.co.uk' - there's no full stop.

Thanks Gerry, I have had nothing back. I emailed from my work email but have given my home email on my sketch. I assume it is a straight computer generated reply not a human one!

Quote: will Cam @ January 18 2010, 12:17 PM GMT

Thanks Gerry, I have had nothing back. I emailed from my work email but have given my home email on my sketch. I assume it is a straight computer generated reply not a human one!

Maybe they receive a lot of submissions just before the deadline, and that causes delays to any last-minute responses?

Quote: Nogget @ January 18 2010, 12:22 PM GMT

Maybe they receive a lot of submissions just before the deadline, and that causes delays to any last-minute responses?

Cheers Nogget, I sent it in at 11.06 this morning. I didn't get a reply last week either when I sent in some VoxPops and corrections. Maybee it's just me :(

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 18 2010, 10:32 AM GMT

Really? Then why do they still mention them on the website?

I'm just telling you what they said. Dan in particular felt they'd run their course. That's not to say they never will, but if you've only got a three sketch allowance, is it worth it?

Again, if it's a real belter, then maybe it is...

Quote: Griff @ January 18 2010, 1:13 PM GMT

Also website or no website I think it's sensible to keep an eye on what actually gets broadcast. 'Newsbullet' and 'How To Guides' seem to be in favour, as does the 'Look At My Opinions And Agree' character. Was there a 'What A Massive Decade' in Ep2? I don't think there was?

Exactly. And, for the record m'lud, there was a 'Massive Decade' sketch recorded, it was about religion, but it was cut out.

Any workshoppers getting an auto response from Dan's email?

Quote: Aldrin @ January 18 2010, 1:19 PM GMT

Any workshoppers getting an auto response from Dan's email?

No. Why would we? It would be a bit of a hassle to set up on the guy's personal email account.

It's just that I did originally get an auto response about when he would be dealing with stuff in the first week. Not the second. Normal Monday psychosis, good luck everyone.

I like the way you say Dan as if he's your mate...is he? Because I've actually touched him, so he's more my mate than your mate.

Quote: Griff @ January 18 2010, 6:15 PM GMT

You know as well as I do that script editors and non-comms can never be friends.

Script Editor .

. Griff

Quote: Griff @ January 18 2010, 6:29 PM GMT

I thought you'd never been to a Newsjack workshop Morrace?

Laughing out loud

I have - but I couldn't come - even though I was wearing a gorrrrgeous reject slip.

Struggling with one-liners today. Trying to find something useful to do with butter...

Dodgily using it as a substitute for butter?

Dan

Well done Griff

Good luck with that.

That's cool, Griff!