Newsjack - Series 2 Page 22

Quote: Joe86 @ January 18 2010, 12:16 AM GMT

Hi guys,

This is my first post, and I have just finished my first 3 sketches. What I wanted to ask is. Firstly, when do people normally get emails if they got something in, and what does it say? Also, how much do you get paid, I'd do it for free!

Cheers.

Hi Joe, and welcome.

If you haven't got anything in, you probably won't hear anything at all.

If you have got something in it can vary, but you won't hear anything before Wednesday afternoon at the earliest. If you get something then it will say "it's being recorded tonight, well done, but it might not make the final cut". Then some time on Thursday evening you should hear if it's in or out (and they publish the list of writers on the Newsjack website).

You do get paid - it's per minute, rounded up, over the whole series. It was 30-something quid per minute for the last series, so don't give up any day job just yet.

PM me?

I tried saying.

My baths completely wrecked I bought Haiti instead of Matey.

But it doesn't rhyme.

Quote: Griff @ January 17 2010, 9:42 PM GMT

i did something about the earthquake

My best one is about the earthquake. Albeit from a tangent.

I've send in three sketches today, covering the earthquake, the Pope, and a "From the Archive" sketch about the snow.

Just to say, at the workshop they pretty much said they weren't interested in doing any more 'From the Archive' sketches - which is born out by the fact they've not used it in the first two shows. But, hey, if it's a belter they might change their minds.

Really? Then why do they still mention them on the website?

Badge was starting a one-man campaign to get it re-instated...

Dan

Two short sketches and a sprinkling of one-liners but I wasn't 100% happy with anything I submitted this week.

Hey all.

Week three of my comedy writings and I have managed to submit my first ver sketch.

I have mostly been focussing on one liners or corrections for the lastcouple of weeks but I thought I would give a sketch a bash. Se how it goes.

I'll keepworking on my short jokes up until lunch time tommorrow then get them submitted then.

Good luck everyone

J.

Quote: Badge @ December 20 2009, 11:05 PM GMT

Thanks Griff.

Looks like the petition to save "From the Archive" has been successful.

I wasn't even that big a fan of it to be honest.

Sent of my first sketch today. Are people getting an autoreply as I have got nothing back. Sure this has been covered before but I take it you don't need the extra full stop at the end of newsjack@bbc.co.uk

Cheers

Quote: will Cam @ January 18 2010, 11:56 AM GMT

Sent of my first sketch today. Are people getting an autoreply as I have got nothing back. Sure this has been covered before but I take it you don't need the extra full stop at the end of newsjack@bbc.co.uk

Cheers

Yes, you should be receiving an auto-reply. The address is definitely 'newsjack@bbc.co.uk' - there's no full stop.

Also, got the following useful information from Dan Tetsell:

"Sorry for the delay. We don't really use one liners outside of vox pops, so try to phrase them as those. Hope that helps."

Are any workshoppers getting auto responses from Dan's email?

Quote: Griff @ January 17 2010, 9:42 PM GMT

i did something about the earthquake

I had an idea for one but nothing came out of it. If only it had happened somewhere easier to pun on.