The Peter Serafinowicz Show Page 6

I thought it was even better this week :P!

Some good, but much more bad. Pity, as it could be pretty good. Disappointingly, the most funny sketches so far have all been the ones I saw at the pilot screening back in March (?).

So yes. Disappointed.

KILL THE FRENCH AMBASSADOR

I just hate impressions. If someone imitating Simon Cowell's voice is funny then surely Simon Cowell is funny.

Not so hot this week. The Butterfield sketch wasn't as funny as the previous episode, and the Simon Cowell thing dragged on a bit. Really liked the Dickens sketch and the Basil Fawlty phone chat but not much else. Serafinowicz is a very talented guy, but the writing has let this down so far.

I'll stay with it, cause when its good its very good, but just not often enough.

Thought it was mostly dire this week. His performanes are good and I like the actress as well but essentially this had all of the same ideas as the first week but they were much less successfully executed.

Someone earlier commented about this show having only 2 writers but it has dozens I think I read at the end.

Quote: ajp29 @ October 11, 2007, 10:53 PM

Oh My God! I've never witnessed a comedy series take such a nose dive. They clearly put all the semi decent sketches in the first show in order to hood wink viewers into tuning in this week. Never have I seen a show which offered so much promise crash and burn like this. Absolutely dire. The only semi decent sketch was the Butterfield one and you would only like it if you've seen the original advert it parodies.

agree with this 100%...........first show was ok........last nights was dire

Oh My God! I've never witnessed a comedy series take such a nose dive. They clearly put all the semi decent sketches in the first show in order to hood wink viewers into tuning in this week. Never have I seen a show which offered so much promise crash and burn like this. Absolutely dire. The only semi decent sketch was the Butterfield one and you would only like it if you've seen the original advert it parodies.

Could not agree more. Didn't think it was great last week but it was on its last legs last night. Did the first one have just two writers because yesterday's had about 10-12. Elvis, The Beatles and coming back to QVC all the time. Is this the best there is?

i thought there were 3 decent sketches.
1. the first vampire qvc sketch made me laugh. they should have left it there. it was really just the same joke after that.
2. the dickens fruit corners.
3. the boyfriend drawing the lines on his girlfriend's face made me laugh.

the rest was atrocious.

Oh. I actually thought it was funnier than last week.

I liked the Simon Cowell, drawn-on wrinkles cream, Dickens corners ones and thought the Mike Butterfield Private Detective one was hilarious.

I was also amazed at how good his impressions of each of the Beatles were. He's got great impersonation talent.

Some of the sketches were hit and miss, I thought the poisoned plug one was a MISS.

i'd forgotten about the poison plug. that actually made me laugh a lot. so 4 decent sketches for me.
i didn't get the simon cowell sketch. i couldn't work out what the joke was . is it that he calls people a c**t?
the paul mccartney impression was great. ringo was dreadful. i could do better.

I found my attention wandering throughout the second episode, and kept flicking over to Nuts TV (which is abismal).

Quote: Aaron @ October 11, 2007, 10:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoVUs3v5sSk

Haven't you seen that before Mark?!

I don't watch daytime TV :P

Oh My God! I've never witnessed a comedy series take such a nose dive.

Yeah, I also sadly agree with this. The sketches weren't nearly as good as the previous week in my opinion.

The Fawlty Chat sketch Jay72 mentions was funny though.

I thought once again that pretty much all of it was decent, a couple of duff ones (X-Factor) and some really outstanding ones, like Dicken's Fruit Corners and Poison Plugs and the Dracula on the shopping channel (although repeated too much)...oh and the Basil Fawlty Chat line, there's so many little touches in the background as well which make this show great, like one of the Basils hitting the other on the hand with a spoon and "No Riff Raff", and on the Dickens sketch at the bottom it said "Once opened book must be read within 3 days". I just think the show has such a likability about it and it's the best sketch show that's been out in years...FACT!

More please. :)

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

The Dickens corner was a best.

:)

Really surprised at the reaction to the second episode, I thought it was great! I thought episode one was ok, but that this one was much, much better. Butterfield in ep1 was crap, in ep 2 he was hilarious! James bond, o news, poison plugs, the fantastic and out of nowhere shopping channel vampire, the kill the french ambassador phone in quiz, basil fawlty; really, really strong stuff and Im a little bit knocked back by the cries of'it was shit' that im reading!!! I was laughing all the way through and have high hopes now for the rest of the series.