Gavin & Stacey Page 53

Quote: zooo @ December 26 2009, 2:52 PM GMT

Aw.
You need a nice new notebook.

'Dear diary...'

God no! If I started actually compiling handwritten notes about my opinions on comedy, instead of just jizzing them all over the internet, I'd really have to start worrying about my sanity...

Laughing out loud

I loved the bit last night when Archie Mitchell asked Bryn if everything was alright after that camping fiasco with the young boy(?) and there was a long awkward silence.

Quote: luis kmentt @ December 13 2009, 3:12 PM GMT

I will have a go...which of the three series would you recommend as funniest?
tks. LK

Don't do it luis, it's not worth it. I tried watching one episode of this cack a year ago and I made it five minutes in before giving up - and this from the man who watched the first two episodes of Big Top.

It reminds me a bit of shows like The Royle Family or Shameless - you either buy into this world of make believe working class characters or you don't - and just as with the previously mentioned shows, I couldn't find a single character I identified with and therefore, the 'humour' of a fat bloke ordering curries was lost on me.

I wish you the best of luck with it luis, but don't expect a superbly witty sitcom with likeable characters or original observations on life. If however, you are a Ruth Jones fan, may I recommend the exceptionally brilliant and totally underrated Saxondale.

Saxondale is dismal.

This is not as bad as Renegade says but Saxondale is brilliant.

Saxondale became better every time I saw it. With Coogan at the helm, waddya expect! Much subtler and much more modern than Partridge, so maybe this is what put some viewers off. Some of his characters were amazing and his acting gets better and better.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 26 2009, 2:39 PM GMT

I'm glad that people are still enjoying it though... Errr

Shouldn't they?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 26 2009, 4:17 PM GMT

likeable characters

I think the show's full of 'em! :D

Having said I wouldn't watch this as I hadn't seen the other two series, I have watched every episode of this and really enjoyed it.

Turns out you can be wrong about something.

Also turns out you shouldn't judge comedy by the cover. Something called Gavin and Stacey was easily dismissed my me - the title didn't impress me so out the window it went. As I said turns out I was wrong.

Some of the weirdest titles are the best in the end. Silly bigfella!

Quote: Aaron @ December 26 2009, 6:22 PM GMT

Some of the weirdest titles are the best in the end. Silly bigfella!

I know. :( :( :(

I'm sorry.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 26 2009, 6:07 PM GMT

Shouldn't they?

No, of course they shouldn't, Matthew. The great British public should adjust their viewing preferences to suit my personal tastes and, if it doubt, email me to see if it's OK for them to watch a programme. FFS! Rolling eyes

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 26 2009, 10:53 PM GMT

FFS! Rolling eyes

Huh?

I forced my dear old mum to watch this, she'd never watched any of them, but I thought she'd like it, especially as Larry Lamb's in it. But she hated it, then again she's normally in bed at 9 each night, so I feel a bit cruel forcing her to stay up so late to watch this shambles of an episode.
I'm assuming they had a lot to set up for the final episode, but it was a bit of a let-down.

I found it quite OK. I just like spending time with the characters and I don't expect laffs every second...the application of sunscreen was amusing...I think this series is ending at about the right time.

Corden really got on my wick again, but apart from that it was quite good.