Gavin & Stacey Page 58

IS there any plans to bring this back for another special or series?

Quote: G180e @ February 17 2013, 12:22 PM GMT

IS there any plans to bring this back for another special or series?

Do Smithy sketches count as specials? If so, that'll be along Red Nose Day (probably). Otherwise, I don't think there's any news..

There's an American re-make in the works, but other than that nothing for the UK version. The latest word is there's "no plans to bring it back".

The "it is coming back", "it's not coming back" stories crop up once every few months though, as demonstrated if you scroll down the press clippings: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/gavin_stacey/press/

A thaw in the Horne and Corden relationship would be a first step to this happening?

I saw Horne on something this week, and he said he'd love to do a special or something. He also seemed to suggest that he thought it would happen, although not this year.
Who knowsss.

Quote: zooo @ February 18 2013, 9:11 PM GMT

I saw Horne on something this week, and he said he'd love to do a special or something. He also seemed to suggest that he thought it would happen, although not this year.
Who knowsss.

Would be nice to see them patch up their relationship but hope they move on!

I didn't know they weren't still friends!

Quote: zooo @ February 18 2013, 9:22 PM GMT

I didn't know they weren't still friends!

First I knew of it was when Horne failed to attend Piers Morgan's Life Stories on Corden - when the slimy one told Corden that Horne refused to attend he looked close to tears.

check story here

Not at all like a slimy tabloid editor to overstate the truth.

As far as I understand from what I've read, they had a bit of a cooling off of their friendship post the mess of Horne & Corden, but were probably never quite the best-best friends people thought. Close, certainly, but I think the tabloids and public got their on-screen relationship confused with their real life one.

I don't think there's any particular frostiness, not like Bolam and Bewes, for example.

Quote: Aaron @ February 18 2013, 9:37 PM GMT

I don't think there's any particular frostiness, not like Bolam and Bewes, for example.

Indeed, my avatar treated Mr Bewes in a rather shabby way

Yet again the Yanks have now stolen our series and bollocksed up another British sitcom. When will they learn? Leave our British comedy with us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6XiMwzJAbU

You may never know, it might be a success like The Office was.

It won't work and I hated the US version of The Office.

Quote: george roper @ 20th May 2013, 10:19 PM

Yet again the Yanks have now stolen our series and bollocksed up another British sitcom. When will they learn? Leave our British comedy with us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6XiMwzJAbU

How could you bollocks up a load of old bollocks? Imo again! I hold this show partly responsible for the flood of Soapcoms we've had since then. I caught an earlyish ep recently to give another go and I thought it was mainly microcosmic drivel, with some not bad actors. But drivel's drivel.