Gavin & Stacey Page 56

All very predictable but it made my wife cry so I guess maybe my overriding impression is that by and large it's more a show for the ladydeeeeez and soft men :)

I really enjoy Gavin and Stacey, but that felt like a very flat ending. The whole 3rd series has felt a bit like that, to be honest. Still, had some nice moments, like 'stop all the clocks' at the wedding.

Quote: IT David @ January 1 2010, 9:49 PM GMT

Was this a joke, as me suspects, or was The Usual Suspects only recently released in Wales?

No joke. My father was devastated to learn recently that Chaplin is dead and there's actually been two world wars. And just last week I helped him burn down the house of a witch, who owned a magical box with little people in it who talked to her.

It was a bit predictable, but was warm and fuzzy. It felt right.

The best bit surely has to be John Prescott at the wedding. I nearly fell off the sofa. I didn't realise he had a sense of humour.

'Stacey Spacey' made me laugh too, I used to love the girls' stories about celebrities in earlier episodes. It was good to have another in the final.

Stacey Spacey wasn't as good as the one about Una Stubbs almost marrying Idi Amin back in the 70s until she realised her name would be Una Amin.

This series has had some great comic moments, but I can't help but think it suffered from being written and filmed in a shorter time than the other series. It felt that way. It was always going to end how it did, it was a warm and friendly sitcom so they couldn't make any of the main characters have a sad ending.

I was taken aback by Prescott's appearance.

Incidentally - after all this time a friend asked if Gavin and Stacey was a play on Cagney and Lacey. I must admit it had never occurred to me before.

Me neither!

Quote: SlagA @ January 2 2010, 1:12 PM GMT

No joke. My father was devastated to learn recently that Chaplin is dead and there's actually been two world wars. And just last week I helped him burn down the house of a witch, who owned a magical box with little people in it who talked to her.

Where is Wales though actually?

Obviously glad it's over but I will miss Gavin's Lego hair and weirdly sharp teeth.

You know what? This was marginally better than the dross that has followed the pretty good first season. Overall though? Unfunny, cliche, a pathetic drive for the 'catchphrase'.

I've just watched the 'out-takes' and I challenge anyone to watch them and not laugh. They obviously had a great time making the show.

Quote: AngieBaby @ January 8 2010, 11:11 PM GMT

They obviously had a great time making the show.

So what?

Quote: jim field @ January 9 2010, 11:17 AM GMT

So what?

Sheesh.

The point is, it is irrelevant whether they had a 'good time' making it - if the content is poor then the content is poor - FIN.