Gavin & Stacey Page 55

Ah, my mistake. Carry on then! :)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 27 2009, 4:17 PM GMT

Ha, I loved the bit where Gavin says, 'What if they don't have any Irn Bru?'
And she flatly replies, 'Then go somewhere that does.' :D

Yeah, that's a cracker. Real echoes of Clement and La Frenais. You loved that bit? Are you serious?

On the other hand I see that people are starting to notice that this show is actually crap after three series of it. Congratulations on finally seeing the joke.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 31 2009, 12:35 PM GMT

You loved that bit? Are you serious?

My apologies, but it made me laugh.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 31 2009, 12:35 PM GMT

On the other hand I see that people are starting to notice that this show is actually crap after three series of it.

People thought it was crap during the first series, if I recall rightly! I was one of the only people on here who liked it then, too! :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 31 2009, 12:42 PM GMT

People thought it was crap during the first series, if I recall rightly! I was one of the only people on here who liked it then, too! :D

Oh, you like everything, Matthew. (As Bussell will attest to.) :P

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 31 2009, 2:13 PM GMT

Oh, you like everything, Matthew.

Nah, I just don't watch or comment on the stuff I don't like usually; you will notice many many threads on shows with no comments from me! :)

Weird, I get most of my enjoyment from commenting on shows I've never seen but instinctively presume are terrible. Try it, it's great fun! ;)

Thing is about Gavin and Stacey is I don't think anyone thinks it's hillarious or a comedy classic but I like it because I just think it's a nice watch. It's pleasent, puts me in a good mood. I like the characters and you can't help but to relate to them and, very oddly, almost make friends with them in a hyper-reality sort of way. If you don't connect to the characters and are watching this like you'd watch any other sitcom, waiting for the funny, you're going to be disapointed. I really like Gavin and Stacey but can understand why people don't like it.

Having said all that I do think this series has been nothing on the previous two series. They're running out of reasons for them to all gather. Also Stacey, was previously a nice girl who was the height of normality. Now she irritates me. Seems to have got more thick and needy in this series. She seems to be falling in to the pretty blonde stereotype. Gavin and Stacey always been a sort of comedy drama, but they seem to be trying for more drama in this series as well. I do enjoy it though!

I think she's falling into the loving housewife stereotype, if anything. Doesn't seem to be interested in an awful lot. I don't think she has a job now, does she?

Quote: Aaron @ January 1 2010, 5:47 PM GMT

I don't think she has a job now, does she?

Yeah, she works in a cafe kiosk-y thing at the beach.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 1 2010, 6:28 PM GMT

http://tinyurl.com/yk8o84p

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 1 2010, 6:28 PM GMT

Like I said ... she doesn't have a job, does she? ;)

I must confess the line concerning a 'new thriller starring Kevin Spacey' which was in actual fact The Usual Suspects had me tittering for a good thirty seconds.

Was this a joke, as me suspects, or was The Usual Suspects only recently released in Wales?

Well that was fairly good. A bit underwhelming and flat at the very end, but it did tie things up nicely.

I really enjoyed it. I did nearly cry a little couple of tears of happiness that they got pregnant. Yey.

I was so so happy that Ness said that to Gwen. I've been saying for ages Ness is a bitch to Gwen and finally she said thanks! That made me happy.

I loved the dress, the way they got to the church and just the poem in Church was ace. :)

Very sad it's finished but think it's for the best.

I have really enjoyed this show over the past few years but was a bit disappointed in tonight's last episode.

It seemed to cram the resolution of the story strands into the last 2-3 minutes and consequently these looked a bit like an afterthought.
Maybe they should have asked Auntie for a one-hour special to do all the unfinished business in a more dignified and less rushed manner.

Still, not wishing to have a gripe at what I thought was a very good show over all (but appears I have just had one...a gripe that is)

Oh well...