The IT Crowd 2.0 Page 18

Quote: Mark @ September 27, 2007, 10:41 AM

I hope you haven't just shot yourself in the foot Mick and got yourself locked out of this website for posting that keyword!

Nah, it's usually fairly safe to say anything on forums. Maybe it has to do with the whatchamacallit... the area in a web page where you put all the key words for -- let's say -- search engines to check. I forget the technical term for it, but anyone who has made a web site knows what I mean. Man, I need to brush up on my web page making skills. Been too too long.

Quote: ajp29 @ September 27, 2007, 1:04 AM

You'll be shitting in policeman's helmets next Laughing out loud

Aren't they already full of shit?

Quote: Mick Dolan @ September 27, 2007, 2:59 PM

Nah, it's usually fairly safe to say anything on forums. Maybe it has to do with the whatchamacallit... the area in a web page where you put all the key words for -- let's say -- search engines to check. I forget the technical term for it, but anyone who has made a web site knows what I mean. Man, I need to brush up on my web page making skills. Been too too long.

Meta tags? Not sure how that makes a difference to the rest of the page though...

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 27, 2007, 7:18 PM

Aren't they already full of shit?

Are you a Burmise monk Laughing out loud

Quote: Aaron @ September 27, 2007, 7:35 PM

Meta tags? Not sure how that makes a difference to the rest of the page though...

Yeah, those. I'm guessing that there may be a correlation between those tags and the pages that end up being blocked. Maybe if they have a key word in the meta tags, it will block it, in which case a forum where a word like "Tiananmen" is mentioned, wouldn't end up being blocked. It's all speculation on my part.

Oooo, right, yes, I see. I'm not exactly sure how it works. I think it's a mixture of pre-defined blacklists and some different dynamic scanning like that though.

Matt Berry is fast becoming my favourite character.

"Things are moving so fast I can't keep up. First The Ord-in-ary Boys and now this!!!"

Quote: Jazza @ September 28, 2007, 3:40 PM

"Things are moving so fast I can't keep up. First The Ord-in-ary Boys and now this!!!"

I loved it when he was answering the door singing "There's someone at the door". :D

Quote: Jazza @ September 28, 2007, 3:40 PM

Matt Berry has been ace in everything I've seen (Garth Marenghi, Mighty Boosh and now the IT Crowd). Think the Boosh was slightly poorer for him not being in the second series.

Quote: earman2009 @ September 28, 2007, 7:39 PM

I loved it when he was answering the door singing "There's someone at the door". :D

I had to explain Emu's Pink Windmill to my Aussie friends. I was actually quite embarrassed about how much of it I recalled - and the fact that I can still do an impression of 'Croc'.

I just loved the hand gag in tonights.

Its hammer time . . .

I thought that that was more than a bit laboured really Ruby, but otherwise a very good episode, yes.

"SIT ON MY HAND!"

I enjoyed it.

It's a shame they left giving Matt Berry a proper part until the last episode!
But I thought it was great throughout.