The IT Crowd 2.0 Page 22

Ditto that and a half.

Well, you guys are the audience too, so if you think the firesale 'jokes at any price' mentality of the second series is acceptable, then maybe it is. I never said I didn't laugh...

Quote: Seefacts @ October 2, 2007, 8:16 PM

He stepped in as a favour to Linehan in series 1 after the original choice (never revealed who that was) pulled out. Morris was never intended to be in the show after series 1.

Well, that may not actually be true, even if it's what Linehan says. Producers/writers/actors rarely give the real reasons for production decisions in public forums. I'm sure Linehan would have let him do the second series if he'd asked.

Quote: Seefacts @ October 2, 2007, 8:16 PM

Linehan's direction should never be questioned. The way he sets up the cut to's and reveals are genius. I'd have him direct anything I wrote without a second thought.

Seefacts, see earlier posts by me in this thread to see a number of mistakes by Linehan. I'm not saying he's a bad director, but I don't recall seeing any mistakes by Dan Zeff in three series of Ideal.

Lastly I am the biggest Ted fan going. I love it to bits, including some of it's 'mistakes' like making Father Stone ACTUALLY boring, and i've been telling people about the IT Crowd since january last year when it was first screened, or whenever. I liked bits of every episode of this series and I laughed a lot, but I was also disappointed and shocked for the reasons I've given.

Does anyone know when the DVD set will come out in Region 4? I'm over in Australia, and yea, I've got shitty Internet connection, so the episodes online take absolute ages to load. And the quality isn't that "ideal" either. Yes, I'm very picky indeed. But hm... just wondering, because I'm absolutely itching to watch more of my favourite series. =)

Your best bet is probably to get the Region 2 release and have it shipped. Check out our Coming Soon listings (click Shop at the top of the page).

Not sure if it was just my copy, but my DVD of the IT Crowd Version 2.0 had severe glitches on the first two episodes which made them impossible to watch.

I'm going to replace it and hopefully it was just a one-off. Of course, with the impending postal strike and because I bought it online I won't be getting a new copy for a while now. humph.

My copy of the DVD hasn't arrived yet, so I can't tell you if I have the same problem, but I'd say it's more than likely that it's a one off and you were just unlucky.

Looks like the DVD has caused a problem with quite a few people. I haven't received my replacement (post being slow and all that) but hopefully this will be sorted out and it was just the initial batch that was faulty.

I got my dvd yesterday and I haven't watched every episode or the extras yet, but the first five episodes even with commentary are fine.I'm impressed with the amount of effort that went into the animated menus. The whole Mortal Kombat thing is great!

Grossly over hyped tedium zeitgeist The IT Crowd should be recalled immediately as somebody seems to have left all the jokes out.

I agree with Godot taxi's....except that I loved the Father Stone episode...

Best sitcom of last year in mymind along with Lead Balloon. To remind you they've got series 2 back to back on More 4 tonight from 9 - 12.15.

Quote: monkeybeard @ October 4, 2007, 8:54 AM

Not sure if it was just my copy, but my DVD of the IT Crowd Version 2.0 had severe glitches on the first two episodes which made them impossible to watch.

I found the same thing when it was on the telly! All the funny stuff seemd to have been taken out somewhere, leaving interminable gaps filled with shite.

LOL

Quote: James Williams @ December 31, 2007, 5:10 PM

I found the same thing when it was on the telly! All the funny stuff seemd to have been taken out somewhere, leaving interminable gaps filled with shite.

You must have a dodgy telly then.

I love the IT CROWD, and thought the second series was one of the comedy highlights of the year. No, its not as good as Father Ted, but then few things are.