The IT Crowd 2.0 Page 19

Quote: zooo @ September 28, 2007, 11:32 PM

It's a shame they left giving Matt Berry a proper part until the last episode!
But I thought it was great throughout.

Was it artificial then?

I'll have to have a closer look next time I'm down there.

I agree that Matt Berry stole the show. The part with the nude pic flashing up: funny funny stuff. (Pause it at that frame and it looks like his head is Photoshopped onto the body.)

I really don't like when they play up the 'stupid' side of Moss, like when she is explaining the PA job offer. I know he is supposed to have absolutely no social skills, but he's not a complete fudging moron. I don't even think I cracked a smile for that scene.

I know it's a bit pre-mature, but are there any rumours of a third series?

Edit: I just read on Channel 4's website, an interview with Graham Linehan, and he says: "Well I need to move back to England first, and then I want to move onto Series Three. I need to start getting out there, forcing myself into uncomfortable social situations. That's where the material is."

So that's something to look forward to. :)

Another good episode. I really will miss this show now it has finished. Think it has got stronger as it has gone on.

Much better than series 1. Matt Berry makes a better boss than Chris Morris (Morris was good, but Berry is better suited to the role and just a lot funnier). I'm glad Richmond wasn't used more than I thought he would be, because he's a bit of weak link in my eyes.

Sorry, but Ugly Betty is just not going to compensate on Friday nights for me.
:(

i loved episode one with the disabled stuff.
and episode two with the funeral.
but for me the series has gradually got worse and tonight's was a stinker. the whole joke about your boss putting rohypnol in the tea was just awful.

Gave it another go to see if it had improved and there is no doubt in my mind that it's got worse. Linehan is now completely devoid of ideas and writes the first thing that pops into his head.

It started badly (what was all that about? If you do a teaser at least make it funny) The flies Rolling eyes, as has been mentioned the conversation between Jen and Moss (did that really make it through the edit?) The hand? The golf shots? It was as though he'd written 16 minutes and had to get another six more.

Much, much worse than NGO, which does at least have good jokes peppering the script.

Quote: Jay72 @ September 29, 2007, 8:13 AM

I'm glad Richmond wasn't used more than I thought he would be, because he's a bit of weak link in my eyes.

Well there's an understatement.

Quote: Jay72 @ September 29, 2007, 8:13 AM

I'm glad Richmond wasn't used more than I thought he would be, because he's a bit of weak link in my eyes.

Quote: Aaron @ September 29, 2007, 11:05 AM

Well there's an understatement.

It's the voice that's to blame I think.

It's everything about him. Pointless, waste of space, not funny, and the rest. Seems to be just a lazy tool to fall back on when the old writer's block sets in.

Quote: johnny roulette @ September 29, 2007, 9:47 AM

i loved episode one with the disabled stuff.
and episode two with the funeral.
but for me the series has gradually got worse and tonight's was a stinker. the whole joke about your boss putting rohypnol in the tea was just awful.

Agreed! At least about the first two episodes being the high point. I too think it got progressively worse, not better. I wouldn't, however, go so far as to call it a stinker, as it did have its moments.

Quote: Aaron @ September 29, 2007, 11:32 AM

It's everything about him. Pointless, waste of space, not funny, and the rest. Seems to be just a lazy tool to fall back on when the old writer's block sets in.

I don't think the character is a pointless waste of space, and I'm glad they carried him over at least to the episode with the dinner party. And the gag with the funeral and him looking like he's dressed for it, but not knowing there is one... well, it gave me a smile. I think he was a nice off-beat background character and they made the right choice to keep him there.

Series two got worse as it went on? I really dont understand that view at all! I think it just got better and better, the final four episodes were, in my opinion, very strong and easily the best episodes in the shows run. Series two was a massive leap up on series one, which I think bodes well for a third series. I think the addition of Matt Berry was a good thing, though he was a bit under used; I agree though that the Richmond character is poor, not funny and a bit pointless; as evidenced by the fact that he barely features, there seems no reason for him to still be there. So overall, very, very good; consistently made me laugh and certainly one of my favourite comedies of the year. Oh, and I liked the hand gag, I thought the whole reason it was funny was how dementadly far he went with it.

I loved the flies.

Quote: Mick Dolan @ September 29, 2007, 12:02 PM

I don't think the character is a pointless waste of space, and I'm glad they carried him over at least to the episode with the dinner party. ... I think he was a nice off-beat background character and they made the right choice to keep him there.

He's a whole shark-jump in himself!

I think one of the flies was a wasp.

Quote: Aaron @ September 29, 2007, 12:40 PM

He's a whole shark-jump in himself!

What a horrible phrase you're reinforcing! :P And I disagree, so double :P