The IT Crowd 2.0 Page 17

The thing is it's almost the unbelievable situation that you'd see in a sitcom. You couldn't believe thast it could really happen.

Quote: waytoblue @ September 24, 2007, 5:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XGs36hUrtQ

I love the ambulance bit in this clip... it sums up the show perfectly - a celebration of silliness where the boring grind of 'what would really happen' (i.e. 999 would never have responded) is ignored to make way for laughs.

I'm going to have to go out and try a similar prank myself in real life now.

Quote: ajp29 @ September 24, 2007, 10:24 PM

I thought it was so obvious i didn't feel the need to mention it was obvious but as soon as moz said, i have an interview with the producers and I can't remember the name i gave, I knew that was going to be the punchline. Its also why I mentioned it was contrived.

Good God. How do you like anything, let alone find anything funny?! The whole nature of sitcom is that it's contrived!

Quote: Aaron @ September 25, 2007, 11:16 AM

Good God. How do you like anything, let alone find anything funny?! The whole nature of sitcom is that it's contrived!

Laughing out loud I mean :(

Quote: Aaron @ September 25, 2007, 11:16 AM

Only the bad ones you like. :P

Quote: Mick Dolan @ September 25, 2007, 2:25 PM

Only the bad funny ones you like. :P

Quote: ajp29 @ September 24, 2007, 10:24 PM

I thought it was so obvious i didn't feel the need to mention it was obvious but as soon as moz said, i have an interview with the producers and I can't remember the name i gave, I knew that was going to be the punchline. Its also why I mentioned it was contrived.

I know it was obvious, but i just thought someone would mention it. Actually, i nearly didn't mention it myself because of how obvious it was. I didn't see it coming on the show though.

Quote: earman2009 @ September 25, 2007, 9:38 PM

I know it was obvious, but i just thought someone would mention it. Actually, i nearly didn't mention it myself because of how obvious it was. I didn't see it coming on the show though.

Being in China, I hadn't heard about that situation. I had no clue it was taken from real life. Laughing out loud So, thanks.

Mick heres a link, apologies if youtube is restricted in China. Watch his face as it cuts to him its pure comedy gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt3W6X8971o

Didn't he then go for the interview for real afterwards and end up not getting the job? How could you not give him the job after that?

I was round a mates house the other day and caught one of the new episodes!

I know it hasn't finished on the TV as of yet, but I can't wait for it to be released on DVD so I can see all of the episodes!

:)

I'll probably put a torrent up of my own DVD of this if anyone wants to save some money.

Don't worry, as tempted as I am, i won't be adding an audio commentary of my own.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 26, 2007, 11:16 PM

I'll probably put a torrent up of my own DVD of this if anyone wants to save some money.

You'll be shitting in policeman's helmets next Laughing out loud

Quote: ajp29 @ September 26, 2007, 9:15 AM

Mick heres a link, apologies if youtube is restricted in China. Watch his face as it cuts to him its pure comedy gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt3W6X8971o

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

omg, that's so funny! Wow, the interviewer must have felt like a knob afterwards. I mean, it really highlights the utter uselessness of 'soundbite' media.

I can get YouTube over here, as long as the page doesn't have a 'key' word, like "Tiananmen". Google video, on the other hand, doesn't work here, but not from blocking, they just don't service this area. Rolling eyes

Quote: Mick Dolan @ September 27, 2007, 5:41 AM

I can get YouTube over here, as long as the page doesn't have a 'key' word, like "Tiananmen".

I hope you haven't just shot yourself in the foot Mick and got yourself locked out of this website for posting that keyword!