Free Agents Page 12

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 6 2009, 10:29 PM GMT

The song over the end credits was by The Bees if I'm not mistaken.

Oh, was it their version? The original was by Os Mutantes.

Yeah, it's a cover. I guess it costs too much to use the original?

Possibly, although I can't see why. Commercial radio uses that track a lot. ANd it's only like £20 or something to use. But I would suspect the real thing is that by using a cover by a relatively unknown band, they also cover a remit to use fresh material (younger audience etc), it makes them seem more hip and groovy (as I understand the young people call it).

There's a horrible sort of trend among young directors / producers and indeed writers that everything has to be up to the second and harking back to something more than a few years ago seems a sin some how.

I didn't actually see this; the promos didn't really do it for me. Although if the people on here like it I'll try and take a look, although the ITV player thingy doesn't like Macs. Which means I miss this (grrr) but also means I miss hundreds of hours of X-factor shite (Applauds)

I really enjoyed the music the latest episode, I remember feeling incredibly proud of myself for guessing a few of the tracks from the first few bars. Can't remember them for the life of me now though.

I'm really loving the programme, it's refreshing to see an on-off relationship with only a hint of will-they won't-they. There are enough programmes on the telly with relationships that annoy you to the ends of the earth, that the characters themselves are very matter of fact about their relationship makes the show so much better than a lot of the other "romantic comedies" that have come out in the past.

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 6 2009, 10:29 PM GMT

The song over the end credits was by The Bees if I'm not mistaken.

The song right at the beginning was The Bees as well. Fact.

Really liked this episode.

:) I missed the beginning.

The latest episode - the surprise party - only two words to describe it:

Simply wonderful!

Sitcom? Dramedy? Definitely not a sitcom. Whatever - it's now moving firmly into Love Soup/Cold Feet territory.

All the (non-essential) characters matured with dramatic cohesive purpose tonight. They belonged, whereas previously they were just office and family ciphers. Anthony Head's character was all the better for being toned down somewhat in this episode. And Managan's acting/portrayal is showing increasing signs of hitherto unseen subtlety.

Was ambivalent to warm; have now become a big fan.

Unmissable series - a delight. Recommended.

Odd's-on for a second series.

Quote: Danny K @ March 13 2009, 10:58 PM GMT

Sitcom? Dramedy? Definitely not a sitcom. Whatever - it's now moving firmly into Love Soup/Cold Feet territory.

I've never seen Cold Feet (!) but I completely agree about it entering Love Soup territory. It's really brilliant.

I forgot to bloody watch it.

I recorded it. Don't think it's repeated. Boo.

Best episode so far.
Beautiful writing/acting/direction and production.
A real treat for fans of this style of comedy.

It's wonderful to see Helen falling for Alex a little bit more every episode (alright, she did f**k the doctor at the end). At the beginning of the series she didn't seem too interested, but the relationship's moving on really nicely, without actually getting anywhere.

This has developed into one of the best things to have been on in yonks.

Sublime! Just been catching up on three eps and have to say it's the best telly that I have watched in a few years.

Quote: shaggy292 @ March 14 2009, 8:32 PM GMT

the relationship's moving on really nicely, without actually getting anywhere.

I love this explanation of the show. I agree completely.

Just finished watching the last episode of this series and this series really was very much top-notch. I loved the elongated scene between the two at the wedding. Just wonderful, both characters are so human which makes it all the better.

Really making me want to dig out my Green Wing DVDs though.